4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

97 GT Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Tschaft

Default 97 GT Questions

I JUST bought my first mustang today. I have a couple of questions. How hard is it to change the front headlight covers(they are starting to get a yellow tint). Also what will I need to seal it up after I put them on. And where(online) do you guys look for parts at. Ive found some places but im not sure if there is one place that is just better than everything. Also im looking at some simple upgrades that will give me a decent boost w/o spending too much money(chip, intake system...etc). Im not looking for huge boosts, just something decent. I waslooking at replacing the air intake with a new intake system, what would you recommend for that. Preciate it...</P>

Tommy</P>

</P><edited><editID>Tschaft</editID><editDate>37769.7869444444</editDate></edited>
Old 05-29-2003, 11:27 AM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default 97 GT Questions

Try www.mustangcorral.com or www.mustangsunlimited.com l don't think there is a seal for them so l guess you have to change them every time they get yellow.
For the boost, get a intake system, cat-back system, headers, and ignition. lf you do it right, you might be hitting over 300 rwhp.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:39 PM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default 97 GT Questions

You just need to buy new headlights, and as far as cheap mods... build yourself a CAI, 3:73's or 4:10's , then underdrive puillies, and keep reading stuff on this board! And that should help a lot....