Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #11
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael
Default RE: loosing coolant BAD!

go look :P Ill look for my repair manual here, since I now have an 03 and not an sn95 :P
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Go Fast Parts: 2.3L W140AX FRPP Whipple 550 HO Supercharger, PCV Delete, Pypes Violators Axleback, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm Polished TB
Suspension: Steeda: Front/Rear Sways, Sport Springs, Pro-Action S/S, Chromoly LCA, Chromoly UCA, GT500 Strut Mounts
Driveline:Steeda Tri-Ax, DSS 4" Aluminum DS
Show:GT500 Spoiler, GT500 Chinstrap (awaiting install), GTS-IV Hood
dlazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SXGT

Quote:

......... the leak is coming from the left side (facing the car head on) of the radiator. Looks like there is some rust on it half way down where it has been doing this for a while. What should i do, take the whole thing out and try to patch it? I have a second car to drive so taken stuff apart is no problem. I just dont know where to beging on fixing this. [&:]

is there a hose on the bottem on this side?
There is no hose on the pass. side of the car.. I say it's the radiator... Remove and replace with a new one.
gt96stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gt96stang

Quote:

Quote:

......... the leak is coming from the left side (facing the car head on) of the radiator. Looks like there is some rust on it half way down where it has been doing this for a while. What should i do, take the whole thing out and try to patch it? I have a second car to drive so taken stuff apart is no problem. I just dont know where to beging on fixing this. [&:]

is there a hose on the bottem on this side?
There is no hose on the pass. side of the car.. I say it's the radiator... Remove and replace with a new one.
How about locating the actual leak, and finding out how big it is. You can plug a leak with a penny/nickel/quarter and JB Weld. It's great stuff, I had a leak in my old 90 Taurus SHO, and this solved it! Try cheaper fixes before shelling otu big $$ for big parts :P
Go Fast Parts: 2.3L W140AX FRPP Whipple 550 HO Supercharger, PCV Delete, Pypes Violators Axleback, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm Polished TB
Suspension: Steeda: Front/Rear Sways, Sport Springs, Pro-Action S/S, Chromoly LCA, Chromoly UCA, GT500 Strut Mounts
Driveline:Steeda Tri-Ax, DSS 4" Aluminum DS
Show:GT500 Spoiler, GT500 Chinstrap (awaiting install), GTS-IV Hood
dlazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to SXGT Send a message via MSN to SXGT

$$449.95 [&:][&:][&:]

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...7b0bfa67fe0055

ok ebay is way cheaper , but does a 96 one fit a 97? they are listing these radiators from 94 - 96.... [>:] and 98 - 04 .... what about 97!
SXGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #15
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Quote:

$$449.95 [&:][&:][&:]

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...7b0bfa67fe0055
That's if you want to shell out the money for an aluminum radiator.. My replacement cost me $120.

Quote:
ORIGINAL:dlazrael

How about locating the actual leak, and finding out how big it is. You can plug a leak with a penny/nickel/quarter and JB Weld. It's great stuff, I had a leak in my old 90 Taurus SHO, and this solved it! Try cheaper fixes before shelling otu big $$ for big parts :P
I'd rather spend the money and have a new piece, then a piece that is bandaged together...
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #16
SXGT
5th Gear Member

nvm
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Go to an auto parts store.. I don't know what you have around you, but I got mine from o-reilly, tell them you need one for a 97, most likely they don't have it in stock, but it doesn't take a day or 2 at the most for them to get it in..
Old 05-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #18
SXGT
5th Gear Member

well its dripping from the very bottem left corner wich means it could also just be dripping from a higher level, its really hard to see without taking that plastic case off. when i sqweeze the tube it just dripps out so its a BAD leak and ill prolly have to go with a new radiator rather then patch this up. How much is it at O"Reiily? So really this is the 1st thing to go at 93K miles.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i reall dont quite understand where you say its leaking but there are several hoses on that side. you have the lower radiator hose which on occasion can get blocked, and the two reservoir hoses uptop. the lower radiator hose has a second hose comming off it, id check that section because ive had mine leak there before. those hoses are old and could be rot in some areas so check to see if they are cracked where they connect to the radiator. if you cant find anything there, get a new radiator dont half *** it and patch it, just spend the 100$ and get a new one.
mustang_montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #20
Acer2428
Site Mod

Vehicle: F-250 7.3L Powerstroke
DA SERIAL BAWX Liquid_-_Poo

Intake manifold check time.
Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1996, 250r, 46l, 73l, coming, coolant, ford, kawasaki, left, loosing, ninja, powerstroke, radiator, side, tube