4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bulldog Remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:29 PM
ValyGator

Default Bulldog Remote starter

Hi everybody,

I have a Mustang GT 2000 with a transponder anti-theft system, and I installed a Bulldog Remote Starter (Model: Bulldog DS1100). In order to bypass the transponder system, I had to add a bypass module (Model: Bulldog 791P). But the problem is that the bypass module doesn't seem to work. I can remotly crank the engine, but it doesn't start and the anti-theft light is flashing.

There is a working key inside the 791P module, and there is a loop antenna that I put over the factory antenna of the ignition switch. But it fails to send the correct signal.

Has anybody had this problem?

Thanks for your answers.

Valy.

P.S: Sorry if my english writing is bad, I'm Belgian.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:08 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bulldog Remote starter

im not real sure how to help you on that one, the PATS system that controls the keycodes encoded in your key is pretty particular, my best advice is to try posting in the audio video section, and if you dont get any responses there go to your nearest audio video alarm install place like best buy or car toys, they should be able to help you out
Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 AM
ValyGator

Ok thank you. I will follow your advice.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

i hope your car is auto.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:45 AM
ValyGator

Ah, good question. No it is not automatic, but I can remotly shunt the clutch (that's the condition to allow to crank the engine, and the cranking works). Yeah, I know this is dangerous. I plan to add a device to check that the stick shift is in neutral position.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Black_sunshine
2nd Gear Member

Take the chip out of your key and mount it buy the pats sensor
Old 05-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

funny thing is i also have a remote starter on a stick gt. it works perfectly... what you need to do is get another PATS key done at the ford dealer as the 2nd key will be used for the brain of the system =D but yeh, ur system sounds soooooo dangerous... my system comes with a reservation mode (gear in neutral, ebrake on, two taps to the brake pedal, pull key out, open door, get out and the engine car will shut itself if everything is done correctly in order for the car to go into remote starting mode) which had to be done before remote starter activates itself. NOTE: if one of the things that i just mentioned is not done, the car will not remote start =D
Old 05-21-2006, 01:53 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ceekay84

funny thing is i also have a remote starter on a stick gt. it works perfectly... what you need to do is get another PATS key done at the ford dealer as the 2nd key will be used for the brain of the system =D but yeh, ur system sounds soooooo dangerous... my system comes with a reservation mode (gear in neutral, ebrake on, two taps to the brake pedal, pull key out, open door, get out and the engine car will shut itself if everything is done correctly in order for the car to go into remote starting mode) which had to be done before remote starter activates itself. NOTE: if one of the things that i just mentioned is not done, the car will not remote start =D
which system is that, sounds like my kind of remote start, im so ADD i would definately jump my car over the curb or into the garage forgetting to put it in neutral
Old 05-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

ultrastart remote kit =D even comes with keyless entry and other nifty options... the bypass module was rather neat. =D
Old 05-21-2006, 04:55 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

remote start on 5spd is retarded. if you forget to leave it in neutral ONE TIME your car is gonna go full force until something with more force can stop it. my friend put it on his volvo his volvo went thru the garage door because he left it in gear.

Quick Reply: Bulldog Remote starter