4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 02:30 AM
KnightOwL

Default What to do?

First off I want to say Hi to all. Just registered here.

Ok, I just recently purchased a 98 Mustang GT Coupe with auto trans. It already has a BBK Cold Air Induction and Borla Cat Back Exhaust on it. That is all I know of the way of MODs it has on it.

Should I stick with the Borla Exhaust (Dont like the tips) or go with the Flowmaster CAT BACK system? Or what CAT BACK system do you guys recommend for best performance?

The following is what I look to add, please let me know what brand I should go with for best performance:

X pipe with High Flow CATS

3.55 of 3.73 gears

Shift Kit

Shocks/Springs

Im focusing on the exhaust and drivetrain for now, but what other MODS do you guys recommend?

I read thru some post, and you all seem to know your sheit. Im with you guys, "Down with the Imports".

-KO-

Old 02-22-2003, 02:29 PM
noslow50
I ♥ Acer

Default What to do?

Good choice for mods... Xpipe go with bassani.. a lil pricey but well worth it.. go with FRPP 3.73 gears...shift kit i've read that transgo is better for fords than b&m is....shocks alot out there hard to tell..personally i'd go with bilsteins... and for springs the one and only eibachs..
Old 02-22-2003, 05:24 PM
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

Default What to do?

Yeah!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 05:43 PM
KnightOwL

Default What to do?

Thanks for the info.

Should I keep the Borla CAT BACK or switch to a Flowmaster CAT BACK? I looked up the price of the Borla and damn its pricey. Is that because its all stainless steel or better performance?

As I read in other post, you all think underdrive pulleys are a waste of money , correct? What are the advanges of them and disadvanges?

Also , what is the stock HP of a 98 Mustang GT?

-KO-
Old 02-22-2003, 06:29 PM
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

Default What to do?

In my opinion buying a Borla exhaust is like buying Snap On tools. You pay for the name. Id go with the flowmasters.

The pulleys are a waste. All theyre going to do is make your alternator not charge enough, and Im told they affect the water pumps cooling ability as well. Screw them things
Old 02-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Justang46L
1st Gear Member

Default What to do?

98 mustang gt stock is rated at about 225 HP