4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

steeda timing adjuster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 06:41 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

Default steeda timing adjuster?

this may be a dumb question but i as wondering what this does? and if it has to do with timing which i am sure it does, would i need it if i already had a delta chip? thanks
Old 06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: steeda timing adjuster?

Your chip can, and most likely already has advanced your ignition timing through the ECU. Were you instructed to run premium fuel with the chip? If so then your timing is advanced. A timing adjustor relocates the crank sensor to change the ignition timing.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:08 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

i bought the chip today... so i wont have for another week, but correct me if i am wrong... the guy that i go to is going to charge me 120 bucks to burn it with unlimited free re-burns. now i have heard good things about these chips but how do you feel about them? what do you think i will gain from this mod-i mean i bought the chip for 75 bucks off ebay and the 120 to burn-thats about $200 but he was telling me that i would get like 15-20 horse? is that accurate? thanks
Old 06-20-2004, 07:16 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

15 horse is definately possible with a chip, but not without a dyno tune usually. All the guys gonna do is bump your timing and lean your fuel a tad. But well worth since your saving $$ from the timing adjustor and you can use the chip to correct for gears down the road if you go that route
Old 06-20-2004, 07:36 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I love my timing adjuster. It makes the idle and takeoff's seem so much smoother.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

hey jd with all that $$ your bankin in the military where's your gears?
Old 06-20-2004, 09:30 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ha ha we were just talking about that today and Im probably going to get them at the end of the month. Still unsure about the charger though. I want one so bad, just not really ready to shell out that kind of money on the car this close to my ETS (estimated time of service) date. Im kinda thinking I need to start saving instead of spending.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:02 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Come on JD...spending is always better. Are you getting out soon? you can always drive the car to wherever you WILL live.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:16 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

OOOHHH Im keeping the car. But when I get out is when the bank will be overflowing... so I THINK im going to hold off for a while. Its killing me everytime I say that but im trying to look more towards the future.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 AM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

I believe the new programmers have made the timing adjuster obsolete. The TA costs $120 or so and can only advance retard timing. The new programmers for $300-$400 advance retard timing, fuel curves, speedo/gear mph, shift points, idle rpms, raise rev and speed limiters, provide live data monitoring, remove check engine light codes etc. etc. All of this is done easily in seconds with the push of a button. I can handle that, I bought a steeda timing adjuster a few months ago, never could get it to work right, neither could my garage of so called Mustang experts, I kept tripping a cylinder misfire light but I am no mechanic, but I can work computers and my car runs great with the Diablo. If anybody wants a Steeda TA cheap let me know.

Quick Reply: steeda timing adjuster?