4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno results for the JLT true CAI...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:27 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Dyno results for the JLT true CAI...

finally!!! he has finished the final product. i am going to get one on the 15 of next month and give you all the results.. finally!!

here are the results of the JLT true CAI. i saw what it did for a stock setup, i can only imagine what its going to do for mine. and its a good price...

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14918
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno results for the JLT true CAI...

ok, everyone was wanting to know the results and no one seems to care now... this is the new hot $hit guys/gals. less money for more hp and it looks good..
Old 08-19-2004, 09:49 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Hey, I care Just curious though, what makes this CAI better than all the others on the market? Also I've seen similiar gains on the dyno from one pull to the next with no changes in the car. Do you have any track results.... that's what realy counts Sorry but somebody's got to ask the tough questions.

Jay
Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

tough questions?? nah...

why its better than any other:

As of now it’s the ONLY full length one piece cold air intake on the market.
Plastic doesn’t hold heat like metal does. Chrome is the worst.
Painted with automotive paint. Base coat / Clear coat. With body color match optional.
Hand made. Not mass-produced. (More rare)
Easy to install a NO2 fitting.
Vacuum fitting and air temp sensor on bottom side, out of sight.
Available 2 ways and in combo kit form.
Best of all is Price! Why pay $200 and more for a clamp and a filter, or a 4†piece of exhaust pipe with just a 90 degree bend in it.

track results?? a CAI really isn't something you would have to test on a track. you could, but the hp is what you are looking for. the hp/tq gain is what gets you down the track quicker..
Old 08-20-2004, 02:14 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

What do you mean by " ONLY full length one piece cold air intake"? It looks like several others I've seen. A Densecharger MAF to TB tube is $65 shipped and will clear a strut tower brace. Add a K&N and you're way under your price. You have a nice looking unit but I just can't believe the fantastic gains you are claiming. Now if you back these claims up with track performance then you'll get my attention.

Jay
Old 08-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

by full length I think he means from TB to Fender. Like Densecharger I believe it 2 different pieces even if u get the TB to fender setup. It has a tube going from fender to MAF, then a tube going from MAF to TB. Cant really tell from the pictures if that is how this one is also. You dont need track #'s to tell if a product is good. If its making you more power its gonna give you better track times. The only way that doesnt take affect is if the product weights alot more than some of its comptetors. Since this is plastic I dont think you need to worry about that. I dont really like the heat shields though seems like it wouldn't do much.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

The CAI has to break at the MAF. My densecharge is one piece from the MAF to the TB. Track times are the most important numbers IMO, dyno numbers are easily manipulated. These dyno #'s he claims are just too outragous to believe on a 2V GT. You're correct, heat shields are useless on our cars. This has been proven many times on the dyno and the track. Like I said earlier the unit looks as good as any I've seen but CAI's just don't help our cars much.

Jay
Old 08-20-2004, 09:32 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

************stupid comments***********
Old 08-20-2004, 09:41 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Your dumbazz linked a underhood CAI in your first post.....now you're saying the MAF is in the fenderwell? WTF??????? Why would a heatshield be necessary if the filter is in the fenderwell? Get YOUR facts straight before you go blowing smoke at an experianced person. That may work with some of the kids on this site but I'm not buying it Sorry but track times are "everything" to a racer.

Jay
Old 08-20-2004, 09:56 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

*********stupid comments*************

Quick Reply: Dyno results for the JLT true CAI...