4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:53 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha

Well I know I can hit those numbers with the KB 2.2 set up and I have been around cars all my life and I feel more than capabale of doing the install .. so I'm not worried about the money on labor .. I already have a bunch of suspension parts ... and if i can learn more about rebuilding these 3650's .. I'm thinking I'll be fine ..

its a 2004 gt vert w/ almost everbolt on ...
Old 11-25-2006, 10:55 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

$5,500 will get you the vortech/installed/tuned, unless your patient. I spent about 2.5 months piecing togetther my kit and ended uyp spending $3,700 for the SC/gear/gear install/tune.

Also, "piecing it together" is kind of an overstatement. I bought a brand new tuner kit off ebay & picked up some injectors and fuel pump on the way.

I don't like making crazy leaps into anything. I'm taking babysteps. Thus the vortech...

If I was in your shoes go for the s-trim. It's a nice "entry level" step into boost.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:56 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

The money is put away .. It was just a figure of speech ..

I'm def. not a noob around stangs.. its just this is the first one I've owned... and I've been around spray for a while but I'm really hungry for a blower .. and the reason i like the new 2.2 are the new dyno charts ive seen on it .. and its power curves are so much better than the older KBs IMO ..
Old 11-25-2006, 10:58 PM
rvoss5
2nd Gear Member

dude, a remote mount system shouldn't be that hard. stick with it. you will be happy. bullydog here in idaho put one on an 05 with a t04 turbo and it put down 373 or so hp to the wheels on 3 or 4 psi!!!!!!! crank it to 12psi and you will be 500rwhp. you won't regret it. i have looked into the remote setup ALOT but i have decided to use spray insted for now cuz i don't have the time and money to go turbo. turbomustangs.com might be able to help with some diagrams, or even sts or bullydog.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:00 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

man i'd just build the motor and take your time with it... could always pick up a forged Cobra motor and slap a 2.8 KB on that and make over 700rwhp before spray.. and sell your motor with all your mods, if you want to go that direction, lol...

but, just look around you can find these used blowers the smaller ones because kB is coming out with other things that people are swapping out for... trust me, you can find em. I would take my time with it, and finish all the other stuff first and let the blower be the last thing you do.. maybe blower and nitrous this way you get em tuned at the same time...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Well I'm not looking to taking baby steps .. I don't want to waste money .. when I know what my goals are you know ...

I'm def. am familiar with blowers.. I was about gut the direct port n2o on my truck for a d1sc .. w/ the 3 core intercooler before I sold it ...

So in other words.. I'm familiar with what the p1sc and vortech's can do .. I just like the fact that with the KB I'll be hitting boost sooner and the newer KB's seem to hold that boost alot longer than the older ones... that where Centris used to come into play ... at the higher end of the system
Old 11-25-2006, 11:04 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Ohh I've put much research into the remote mount turbo .. there just isn't a great ammount of room for the piping on the 99-04's .. if it was a race car .. and I could run the pipes through the cabin .. that would be great .. but setting up the rear mounts with out moving the gas tank etc .. its a pain .. and some of the angles to get around .. even with the tubular K member .. its just a pain ..
Old 11-25-2006, 11:04 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I think the 2.6KB blower for the 2v would be a better setup then the turbo... these things are making killer power and are more fun to drive. You check that one out akele? and FYI it's a 2.1KB for the 99-04 Stangs.. in order for you to get a 2.2 you need to have a 86-93 Fox...

This is the 2.6 KB blower..
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...t99-04_26L.htm

"The 2.6L BIG BORE picks up where the popular 2.1L BIG BORE 431HP 9 psi kit leaves off. Whereas the 2.1L is an "everything you need" kit, the 2.6L demands various stages of upgrades depending on your HP goals (see Tech Tips). It has a wide boost range of 9-26 psi to cover any application or combination. It covers a power range of 500-950+HP and is recommended for any built forged piston and rod 4.6. Note: Stock 4.6 rods and pistons are rated at 450HP, so the BIG BORE 2.6L is not recommended for stock engines.

On our Dynojet, the 2.6L kit at 20 psi made 682HP on a 8.1 compression ratio 4.6 GT with ported heads, cam and headers. That was 30 more HP than our Cobra test car at the same 20 psi boost. Obviously, the Kenne Bell and Ford 4.6 make for a great combination."

ORIGINAL: rvoss5

dude, a remote mount system shouldn't be that hard. stick with it. you will be happy. bullydog here in idaho put one on an 05 with a t04 turbo and it put down 373 or so hp to the wheels on 3 or 4 psi!!!!!!! crank it to 12psi and you will be 500rwhp. you won't regret it. i have looked into the remote setup ALOT but i have decided to use spray insted for now cuz i don't have the time and money to go turbo. turbomustangs.com might be able to help with some diagrams, or even sts or bullydog.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Yeah .. I was just reading 2.1 .. my mistake .. but anyway .. I think that is what I'm aiming for .. I mean it says it can take you to 750 hp .. and I don't wanna go over 650 rwhp on my car .. give a take a few ponies ...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:15 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Until you reach it.. haha... $500.00 difference for the ability to have the 2.6L KB... Even if you don't run it to it's max, you still have the untapped potential, but that's a decision you can make yourself...

Personally.. i'd rather have the 2.6L this way im running it at 1/2 it's capacity then the 2.1 and have it running at 90% capacity - I would think running the 2.1 almost to its max will make it work harder then the 2.6 about 1/2 it's max... but thats me.. lol

Quick Reply: New Direction for Power Adder and OT - F*** the Police haha