4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do??...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Snydaleid
2nd Gear Member

Default What to do??...

Aren't you worried about warranty issues? I wouldn't touch it until the warranty ran out. Just my .02
Old 08-11-2003, 08:00 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default What to do??...

with gears and bolt ons, warranty shouldn't be a problem... check with your dealer.. my local dealer out of louisianna was a svt dealer and did my gears and such.. i did work for them at the time, so that is probably why i didn't have to worry about it.. i got our transmission guy to put my shift kit in.. i was told as long as i didn't touch the internals or heads...etc.. bolt ons are not anissue</P>

</P>
Old 08-11-2003, 08:44 PM
CrazyHorse03

Default What to do??...

hey im stationed in louisiana also and who did you have work on your car?? im in shreveport </P>
Old 08-12-2003, 04:57 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default What to do??...

If you have only had your car a few months why would you buy a computer chip yet w/out much to program if for???? That should have been the last modification.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:56 PM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default What to do??...

Hey I'm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:08 PM
gdear66
2nd Gear Member

Default What to do??...

I have to agree with some of these guys. A chip should be opne of the later mods, however I think once you have made some changes you can just reinstall the chip without problems. I have done the TB, exhaust, shifter, pulleys, and modified my air intake and I would have to say the biggest single difference in the engine came from the pulleys. The exhaust was a close second followed by the TB. I am now working on gears. If you want early bang for the buck change the pulleys, or better the exhaust before messing with the intake. It is important, but I think the stock intake has a lot better flow than what its credited for.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:00 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default What to do??...

If you want my opinion of what ranks in importance, it all depends on the pocket. How I purchased my goods were like this:</P>

1st: Eibach Pro-kit 1.5in drop. Good to clean up that wheel gap, &amp; high enough not to have to worry about Caster Camber plates.</P>

2nd: Magnaflow cat-back, Bassani X-pipe</P>

3rd: March Performance Pulleys #1190</P>

4th: C&amp;L M.A.M. w/trueflow pipe, K&amp;N air filter, and Pro 5.0 shifter</P>

5th: Bassani Mid-length headers</P>

next week: FRPP 70mm TB, &amp; spacer</P>

Still debating on an MSD ingition, but I am going to have a dynotune, and thheeeennn get the chip. However, I havenotput on any of my mods yet. I am collecting all the boxes first, and then doing all at once. Everybody does it differently, but most can agree...the chip should be last. It's cheaper than having it reburned after every modification. Happy modding</P><edited><editID>GSXRIntensity</editID><editDate>37845.9180092593</editDate></edited>
Old 08-14-2003, 12:46 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default What to do??...

NEW ORLEANS LA... I HAD MY MODS MAINLY DONE AT LAMARQUE...
Old 08-14-2003, 12:47 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

Default What to do??...

IF YOU DROP YOUR CAR I RECOMMEND CHANGING STRUTS TOO.. INCREASE ALL ASPECTS OF SUSPENSION.. DROP SPRINGS ARE HARD ON YOUR FACTORY STRUTS. TOKICO ILLUMINAS ARE A GREAT ADJUSTABLE</P>

</P>
Old 10-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Spinnerbate
1st Gear Member

Default What to do??...

The individual dealer has nothing to do with warranty unless they are shady and cover things up for you. For example, if ford asks for a picture of the cpu, or the airbox, they may take a picture of another mustang or something. I agree with an earlier post about warranty. What are you guys thinking when you get an 03 GT and start plucking away at your warranty.?? Leave it alone. You want FAST, move up to the mach 1, or the cobra, or the saleen, or the roush stage 3.....

Quick Reply: What to do??...