4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ZEX window and nitrous button pics.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default ZEX window and nitrous button pics.

This is the Zex self contained Window switch. with gear lockout and traction control in my glove compartment. Why in the heck would Zex have the wires coming out of the front of the box GAH??????I'm gonna loom it tommorow so those wires wont stick out so bad. Double sided tape FTW!!!

These are the switches The Left one is Arm, right is Purge. They light up green just like my radio. I will be including 2 more switches. Same switches, one just lights up red. One more green for line lock, and other RED for bottle warmer.

Sorry that pic is blurry for some reason.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX window and nitrous button pics.

Nice idea for the window switch, was it hard to run the wires back there?
97targa
5th Gear Member

You do know you can get a control box for around $100 so you can flip one switch and it will activate your purge, window switch and turn your heater on all with one switch for hassle free super clean appearance!????
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

P.S. if you are gonna mount switches right there, be prepare for a fight. There is a plastic bar back there under the radio, and its a bitch. I tried to shave it, but as you see the consol piece doesnt go all the way back in. I'm gonna rip that SOB out, and see how tough it is then! lol

I think it looks clean, and it I ever sell this thing, go to a junkyard and get another piece for $10. or tell them that they are Audio switches. [8D]
nitestalker
2nd Gear Member

all thats bad a$$!!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

and is it quick for you to lock out first gear....lets say ur on street tires and someone wants to race you, can u lock it out quick?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:29 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

You do know you can get a control box for around $100 so you can flip one switch and it will activate your purge, window switch and turn your heater on all with one switch for hassle free super clean appearance!????
You do know that these puppies are $3.49 at Autozone! $100? Thats 3 bottles of FUN!

It does look nice tho. And if I have $100 lying around, I'd buy one for sure. This is gonna be a track car. Not a sneaky pete SKREET RACER, nor a show car.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

and is it quick for you to lock out first gear....lets say ur on street tires and someone wants to race you, can u lock it out quick?
You can have it/keep it locked out of first at all times. It's kinda tricky tho. It has NO CLUE what gear you are in. It counts how many times it goes over the MAX RPM range, then its armed. So you can lock it out to spray only in 5th if you want. If you want me to explain it, then just say so and I will.

It was SUPER EASY to calibrate it though. 5mins tops.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

You do know that these puppies are $3.49 at Autozone! $100? Thats 3 bottles of FUN!
Hey it's your car to drill all them holes in and it's you that has to hit all those buttons at once! It's so much easier I'm tellin you! You will still need both those holes anyway, but I was jjust tryin to help and that's not fair...they want $60 to fill up a 10lb bottle here in NY
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Hey it's your car to drill all them holes in and it's you that has to hit all those buttons at once! It's so much easier I'm tellin you! You will still need both those holes anyway, but I was jjust tryin to help and that's not fair...they want $60 to fill up a 10lb bottle here in NY
Dang. $6/lb? Thats nutso.

I dont have to hit any buttons at once. Just flip on the arm, purge it once, and reach 3k rpm . Window is on all the time.

And BTW how in the heck can 1 switch control the whole system? You cant purge ALL THE TIME. And most people will run the bottle heater way b4 they arm the system. What happens when you wanna use one feature and not the rest? So individual switches kinda make sense to me.

Quick Reply: ZEX window and nitrous button pics.