4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno/tune shop, Upstate, NY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 AM
RichsDropTopGT

Default Dyno/tune shop, Upstate, NY?

Can anyone tell me if there is a good tune shop with a dyno in upstate NY. I live in Rome NY, So Looking for maybe Syracuse or closer to me. I want to do a dyno before I put on some parts. and then again after and have then tune it all.

Thanks.
Rich
Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno/tune shop, Upstate, NY?

Not too sure out that way, but I know if you go on www.SCT.com website they give all the dealers and tuners for all area codes! There is one out by me in Rotterdam, but that's a little over an hour for you unless your down for that?? The guy is awesome! www.Redlinemotorsports.com I usually go out to the military base to deliver dry goods to Stop and Shop off rt 825 and takes me about an hour and 10 minutes doing 70mph in a tractor! The guy needs to keep your car overnight and needs it to be cooled off before he starts to dyno it. He does everything proper! He mostly build custom corvettes but does the hottest of hot stangs! He quoted me $350 for 3 custom tunes with the dyno pulls. let me know if you need any other info or I can call him to set something up for you.
Also you may find someone who can give you a "drive through" dyno pull where you drive there do your dyno pulls they flash your chip and send you home! You WILL be back. That is by far the worse way to go about things!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

Buffalo is probably too far but P&J Speed Shop is where i had mine done and they are awesome. I think they are $400 for a full day of tuning and dyno.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
StealthGT2V
2nd Gear Member

I'm also in NY, anyone possibly know where a shop near Poughkeepsie, NY is???Thanks for any help...
Old 03-18-2007, 07:05 PM
RichsDropTopGT

Cool, Thanks. I will look into them.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
JT76

ORIGINAL: joeybutts

Buffalo is probably too far but P&J Speed Shop is where i had mine done and they are awesome. I think they are $400 for a full day of tuning and dyno.
i didnt kno u were from buffalo? yeah I would also reccomend P&J they are pretty good....i had 12 pulls done one day and they only charged me 300, they cut you a lot of breaks there
Old 03-18-2007, 07:14 PM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

Originally from Buffalo and relocated in Virginia. I used to live in Tonawanda right by the Delaware exit of the 290. I'll be home for the summer and would love to find a bunch of guys that go cruising.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
JT76

ORIGINAL: joeybutts

Originally from Buffalo and relocated in Virginia. I used to live in Tonawanda right by the Delaware exit of the 290. I'll be home for the summer and would love to find a bunch of guys that go cruising.
click on the link in my Sig, thats our club, mustangs, camaros, terminators, classics, modern u name it we got it
Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 PM
RichsDropTopGT

Does anyone know if there is a place in Syracuse NY with a dyno?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: RichsDropTopGT

Does anyone know if there is a place in Syracuse NY with a dyno?
Try this guy:
http://www.dyno-shop.com/services.htm

Quick Reply: Dyno/tune shop, Upstate, NY?