4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Surprising Dyno Results and Videos

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default Surprising Dyno Results and Videos

I took my 04 Cobra down toAmazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson, SCthis past friday and was really glad I did. I bought the car about a month ago from a guy that had the following mods installed on the car...

2.8 upper pulley
idlers
steeda cai
steeda catback

Since I've had the car, I put on a MRT catted H and a MGW short throw shifter. The car felt pretty good but didn't run quite as good as I thought it might. The catback wasn't installed properly and was rubbing up against the car and if their exhaust install was anything like their tune I figured I had better get it down to Amazon for Rick to check it.

Well, while I was down there... they installed my billetflow IRS brace and it looks great and told Rick to check the tune. He got it on the dyno and when he reached 4k rpms, I think I recall him saying that the air/fuel ratio was over 13 So it was very poor tune and running very lean.

So Rick put his tune in and put it on the dyno. The numbers that he got were 510 rwhp and 546 rwtq, at right around 15lbs-16lbs of boost. Rick figures that maybe it has a Stegy Stage 3 or 4 port on the Eaton and either a 2lb or 4 lb lower pulleyto get those kind of numbers and I agree. The torque is really high and I'm very pleased with the results. Rick said it was one of the strongest cars that he's seen. The next mods that I'll be getting are cooling mods and a few suspension parts. Here are a few videos that I made for the car so far... sorry they aren't the best quality, its my first time of trying this. I'll do a better job next time hopefully. Enjoy![/align][/align]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q86Wc1Q4LA[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hINRqQEuksU[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkQCOiiCPUM[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV4CXMS-rQE[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DrxclgOtQ[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJv5O3MFhc[/align]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKda84u3zY8[/align]
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Surprising Dyno Results and Videos

Sweet!!! Steigmeyer porting on an Eaton FTMFW!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Wow sexy car with sexy numbers! I want one!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Come on boy! Tint those windows!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Come on boy! Tint those windows!
Ha, yea... thats on the list of things to do. I've been putting that off tho and I've been trying to take care of the suspension and exhaust first. Now that I got a good tune, I can get some more suspension stuff and maybe get some tint for those soon. I should have my rear taillight tint and side marker tint coming this week hopefully.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
BoBalls08
2nd Gear Member

nice....
Old 04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

That will look good! But after you tint those windows it will look like a completely different car!

So to make those numbers with those mods you described... How much money of mods is that? It seems like just a few minor things and bam! All that power!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

That will look good! But after you tint those windows it will look like a completely different car!

So to make those numbers with those mods you described... How much money of mods is that? It seems like just a few minor things and bam! All that power!
Yea, your the one thats been debating on an 03/04 cobra. It really is just a couple of bolt ons away from at least 450 rwhp. Now the port job is roughly $500 but it gives you an estimated 55 rwhp and 15 rwtq. The MRT was a lil expensive but stayting catted will give you a lil more tq. Overall, the car probably has about $2k in it and its over 500 rwhp. It could be less than that if my midpipe wasn't over $500 like the mrt was. Its really a great bang for your buck car. I had an 04 GT and I just didn't really see me getting to 500 rwhp without throwing even more money at it to get there as to just getting a cobra and starting from there.

Now that I have the cobra, I plan to go with the 2.3L Whipple within the next few months and be over 600 rwhp.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

Yea, your the one thats been debating on an 03/04 cobra. It really is just a couple of bolt ons away from at least 450 rwhp. Now the port job is roughly $500 but it gives you an estimated 55 rwhp and 15 rwtq. The MRT was a lil expensive but stayting catted will give you a lil more tq. Overall, the car probably has about $2k in it and its over 500 rwhp. It could be less than that if my midpipe wasn't over $500 like the mrt was. Its really a great bang for your buck car. I had an 04 GT and I just didn't really see me getting to 500 rwhp without throwing even more money at it to get there as to just getting a cobra and starting from there.

Now that I have the cobra, I plan to go with the 2.3L Whipple within the next few months and be over 600 rwhp.
Good choice!! one of my buddies has a 2.3l Whipple on his 03 Cobra vertand I think a 14# or 16# pulley and is over 700 to the wheels. He sprays a 50 shot on top of that. He is well into the 10's in the 1/4.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

Dayum! I just need to start building that money up ... If im smart with everything i can have one and paid off by next summer.... So far away [:@]

Its going to be like relearning everything! Always being told CAI = dumb mod on a GT but CAI = good mod on a cobra haha.... I think i have already decided on my exhaust setup though!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...c4014c05c8.htm

I gota question though! Is there a reason that some people will get the 3" catback and some get the 2.5"?

Quick Reply: Surprising Dyno Results and Videos