4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

1 lonely Mustang called out by F-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

Default 1 lonely Mustang called out by F-bodies

I live in a small town in Oklahoma of about 20,000. Most of the car enthusiests in my town drive F-bodies. I'm friends with most of them, and being that I am 1 of 2 GT owners in town that actually races their car I take a large amount of criticism owning something other than an F-body.

I get a phone call saying there is a kid with a new SS and another with an LT1 in town that wants a piece. We meet at the 'ol K-mart by the highway. 2 SS, 3 Z28, and 2 Trans-Ams pull up. Well, needless to say I have the best looking car. I could have let a sumo wrestler take a rhino sized dump on my car and it would still have looked better. That's beside the point. Back to the topic.

The LT1 Trans-Am auto has a best of 13.8 at the strip. His mods are exhaust, short throw, CAI. I have a 5-speed with mods in my sig.We race first. Goes something like this:

1st race: I miss 2nd. He wins by about a battle ship.
2nd race: I win by about a car. He claims "traction problems".
3rd race: I pass him with enough room to safely change into his lane. "He claims traction problems".
4th race: I win by a car and a half.

We go back to K-mart and he tells everyone he had traction problems. They watched from a bridge above the highway that we used as out 1/4 mile mark. Of course they were sympathetic to the F-body and agreed. Whatever...........I win.

Completely stock 6-speed SS wants a piece and wants to put $100 on it. I know he's got more car than me and will most likely win, and being that I'm not Scarface and don't keep a roll of dope money in my back pocket I agree to a $20 bet to be safe. His buddy was saying he can't drive at all. I could careless about excuses. Lets race. Goes like this.

1st race (money race): He dumps the clutch like a mad man and spins as I look like a cat on carpet coming off the line. He claims he misses 2nd and I beat him by half a car. 20 dolla holla! I hit up the dollar menu at McDonalds, but not before we raced again.
2nd race: He grips better this time and takes me by a car. Oh well, he still drives a fugly camaro and owes $13,000 on it.

He says that he's raced 5 other mustangs like mine with similar mods and I'm the only one he's seen keep up like that. I think he's full of crap because there aren't 5 mustangs in this town willing to race. In the end, I leave with dignity and a happy stomach thanks to his $20. Hope you enjoyed the story.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:04 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 1 lonely Mustang called out by F-bodies

what town are u from.I live in ok to.I might have to come down there and help u out with those LS1 lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Good story. Get some pics next time
Old 05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

Very well written. I read far more on here than I post and I'll take the time to read posts like this every day. Thanks for a good read. What did you get at Mickey D's?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:15 PM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

I live in Ada, OK. I'd say for the population of the town we have quite a few enthusiests down here. Even if they are mostly f-bods it's still a blast beating on a few of them.

Dollar menu action. McChicken and double cheeseburger ftw!

Glad ya'll enjoyed. Thanks for reading!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:18 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

Man thats a long way from me.I live in pryor andwe use to play them in football and usely got are *** handed to us lol
Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cammed99gt

what town are u from.I live in ok to.I might have to come down there and help u out with those LS1 lol.
What city/town do you live in?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

pryor
Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

I used to live in Stroud before the May 3 tornado hit. I used to play golf with the owner of Sygma Co. They were in stroud and moved to Pryor when their plant was destroyed. I know it's random, but that's always what reminds me of Pryor. You ever go to thunder valley?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

thats funny!! u know what your taking about because i use to work there about 4-5 years ago.No,never been there i usely go to the onein tulsa/owasso area

Quick Reply: 1 lonely Mustang called out by F-bodies