4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Thinking about getting rid of my car... talk me out of it

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking about getting rid of my car... talk me out of it

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Dipite all the problems my baby gives me..... I'll love her to the end....... She hasruined afew girlfriends...... and I think my marriage......[:@]

No car is 100% perfect, unless you get a damn Toyota Corrola or Camery. Then those damn things last for like 250,000 miles plus.... but your living life with a slow car....

Remeber the phrase from a Chinese monk..... "it is better to live a day as a lion, then 100 years as a sheep....." I think he wasa Chinese monk..... he may have been a Greek.
Haha that's true. My car is way faster now that I got it back. The idle is just really pissing me off though. I love chripping 3rd. It just makes all the problems better. A friend of mine who owns an Audi S4 was going on me tonight about how Mustangs are pieces of **** and how German cars are so much better. I usually have a come back for him but tonight I was just way to depressed.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 AM
likenew94stang
2nd Gear Member

If any of you guys say that there is something "wrong" with that stang...your crazy. Look Im not saying that your car runs perfect but man...you have a MUSCLE car w/ 100k miles on it...what in gods name do you expect? You have a lot more options than you act like you have. For example, take it to a good mechanic that knows a lot about mustangs. Figure out the idle issue and take it to have it dyno tuned. It will run much better. The more money you spend on this type of stuff, the better condition your car will stay in.

You're pissing away your money on that new motor end unless you're smoking bad, oil usage issues or something.

It's frustrating to hear people bitch about the quality of mustang...but it's always the people that spend all their money on mods and not on maintenance.

You need a car w/ 25k miles or more care for the one you have.

Keep it and give it a chance
Old 05-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I'm not really bitching about mustangs as much as my car with its 800 ****ing problems. The heads are practically brand new on it so that is a plus. Monday morning I am gonna take it to two mechanics that I know. One is an F body guy who knows a lot about a bunch of different cars and the other is a 5.0 driver.I deff have love for my car with the money I have spent on it in repairs. I spent close to 2 grand in the last 2 weeks on it. Now that has to be love. If I did get another car it would be a Mustang. I just said something about the new bottom end because the heads are basically new and if I'm gonna get a new motor I might as well have one that is built.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:11 AM
whiterabit998
2nd Gear Member

dude change out ur o2 senors on what ever side it said to... there is a good chance that will fix ur pr0b
Old 05-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

They are brand new. I'm gonna jack the car up tomorrow when I get home from work (I'll be driving a different car to work til I figure my problem out) and check and see if the O2 extender on tha side popped out.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Does anyone think it could be a vacum leak causing the RPMs to be like that? Could it be my tune?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 AM
likenew94stang
2nd Gear Member

dyno tune it
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 AM
likenew94stang
2nd Gear Member

IAC, might be worth checking.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Yeah I was thinking about checking that. I am deff getting the car dyno tuned when in the next couple weeks. I am also getting a JLT intake on it and maybe 4.10s by then. Thanks guys for the support. I'll let you know what the mechanics say. I am gonna try the can of WD40 trick on it tomorrow to see if I have a vacum leak. I am gonna have a long weekend of work so the car won't be going to a mechanic til Monday.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

It's a Mustang, they have idling issues. Now that you've sunk lost money into fixing these problems, how do you justify getting rid of it now? Does the term pot committed mean anything to you? Fix the idle situation or live with it, it's transportation in the least until you get your money's worth out of the recent repairs. Then you can sell it and get a smooth running, quiet pooter commuter. Does that help?

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting rid of my car... talk me out of it