4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

High School Drags *RESULTS* *UPDATED & FINISHED*

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: High School Drags *RESULTS*

do you have gears? if not they should help a lot in the 1/4. i have a 98gt auto with boltons, gears, and exhaust.my best 1/4 is 14.3 with 2.15 60' hope that helps. i have also heard with street tires try to stay out of the water, burnouts are only good for cleaning the tires (they dont get sticky like drag tires) and try to stay out of the main path when you launch ( better grip on cement than rubber). i have not tryed these methods yet but i am going to the next time i go..good luck!!! p.s. i hope you are beating the ricers.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:23 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

I hope you actually paid attention to what 200GT4.6 and I said and deflated your tires before you have a blowout on the highway.
Okay mom, I will get right out there and do that. How would my tires blow out if they are already under the max PSI?? I will change them when I go to the track wednesday; but I have been rolling around on the same PSI for about 2 years now and still no blowouts.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Forgot to mention that maybe a reason why my times weren't the best is because for smaller events like this they don't prep the track very good at all. I will head out there on another day where there is a test n' tune and the track is properly preped
Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

hey bro, you're the one sharing your times with all of us. you have to expect us to be honest with you. no one's trying to be mean - they're just trying to help you out. think of it as constructive criticism . And especially don't be a jerk with an avatar like yours. Makes me look bad

on topic - sounds like a really fun experience. Regardless of how you finish or what times you ran you should be very happy that your school was able to put this together. I wish my high school had done something like this. that would have been really cool! start saving up for your pi swap and you'll be good to go!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:01 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Paintballfreak: I wasn't being an as I was just giving Aj a hard time like always.
And it actually isn't set up by my school, it's just a thing that Pacific Raceways does. Sheiiit someone from Florida could come all the way up here (WA) and be welcome to race. Just thought I would clue you in. I am having a blast and will get to do it for the next 4 years since you are still eligable 3 years out of HS. I am taking it as constructive criticism, keep it coming, anything!!

do you have gears? if not they should help a lot in the 1/4. i have a 98gt auto with boltons, gears, and exhaust.my best 1/4 is 14.3 with 2.15 60' hope that helps. i have also heard with street tires try to stay out of the water, burnouts are only good for cleaning the tires (they dont get sticky like drag tires) and try to stay out of the main path when you launch ( better grip on cement than rubber). i have not tryed these methods yet but i am going to the next time i go..good luck!!! p.s. i hope you are beating the ricers.
Thanks, and I don't have gears, but I know they basics like staying out of the water for the burnout. Didn't know about the path of rubber though, thanks I'll try that on wednesday. I should be down a full second with some 4.10's though. And since it is bracket racing I had to let a ricer get a 3.8 sec. headstart and I still beat him across the line.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:16 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

haha my bad - I read the title and assumed it was through your school. I didn't want to accuse you, I just wanted to remind you that we're all friends here and we all drive moooostangs
Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM
mattofiesh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97modifiedmustangGT

Paintballfreak: I wasn't being an as I was just giving Aj a hard time like always.
And it actually isn't set up by my school, it's just a thing that Pacific Raceways does. Sheiiit someone from Florida could come all the way up here (WA) and be welcome to race. Just thought I would clue you in. I am having a blast and will get to do it for the next 4 years since you are still eligable 3 years out of HS. I am taking it as constructive criticism, keep it coming, anything!!

Thanks, and I don't have gears, but I know they basics like staying out of the water for the burnout. Didn't know about the path of rubber though, thanks I'll try that on wednesday. I should be down a full second with some 4.10's though. And since it is bracket racing I had to let a ricer get a 3.8 sec. headstart and I still beat him across the line.
i dont think you will get a full second out of gears. but they will definitely help.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattofiesh
i dont think you will get a full second out of gears. but they will definitely help.
No...a full second with gears and a PI swap maybe

Now maybe a full second with gears, sticky tires and a lot of practice...probably not though.

ridedk4us: Do you have stock gears?! 13.7 in an auto with stock gears is awesome, and encouraging.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Simply more proof (on top of the heaps already out there) that basic boltons do virtually nothing for a NPI car. With his 2.4 60's I would not expect to see anything but 15s.
Thanks for being so positive. Not sure if you meant to come off as an *** butyou did to me.

This Wednesday when we go back to finish up I should be able to pull off a .0XX R/T and hope to get my 60ft. down to 2.0 or 2.1. And again why my times are so bad is because it was my first time.

Yeah as said above it is bracket racing so my R/T time does count against me.

My best 1/8 mile was 9.73
its just a dose of harsh reality my friend. Unless you do a full/partialPI swap, any of the basic boltons that add horsepower (exhaust, intake etc) are basically useless on a NPI car. MM&FF did a entire seieres of tests on their NPI car, and with full boltons they were making a grand total of somewhere around 200 WHP (202 or something) up from stock which was around 190. The H/C/I package on the NPI cars simply cannot support boltons well enough to make improvements.

The solution? Go out, find yourself a 600~ dollar stock PI engine and put it in there. Its a day or twos work (even inexperenced, so long as you have mechanical leanings) and your car will be totally different.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I hope you actually paid attention to what 200GT4.6 and I said and deflated your tires before you have a blowout on the highway.
Okay mom, I will get right out there and do that. How would my tires blow out if they are already under the max PSI?? I will change them when I go to the track wednesday; but I have been rolling around on the same PSI for about 2 years now and still no blowouts.
Hey, you can be a dick about it all you want, I'm just saying it to look out for your safety. If you over inflate your tires near max psi, especially somewhere as hot as texas, you definitely are at a much higher risk of blowing out a tire. You're not under the max by much, and if you run over something that takes a small chunk out or something like that, then maybe you did last for 2 years but maybe you wont last another. Jeez, why does everyone have to get so damn defensive when you try to help them. On second though, why don't you go inflate them all the way to 45 and go do burnouts.

Edit: I forgot, you're not actually in Texas (at least not anymore? I don't remember if you used to live there now), so it's not as hot, but the fact still remains the same.

Quick Reply: High School Drags *RESULTS* *UPDATED & FINISHED*