4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What car should the Wife get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:53 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What car should the Wife get???

Well you havnt met my wife I guess, she has 3 mustangs and a 93' 300ZX.
She cares a lot
Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

who cares if its fast or not? I have yet to find a wife that acutally cares about speed.

Its fast enough to easily get up to highway speed. It sure as hell would outrun my 96 prizim (corrolla with a geo badge) and it does pretty well, I put 90 miles a day on highway 70 on that thing.

Its just a thought, but they are CHEAP, and ultra reliable. Its a toyota after all, so the build quaility is also very good. The main thing is the MPG... 40+ MPG on the average drive is awsome, espcialy with I think 140 horsepower that it has.
My Wife has driven my brothers 99 GAGT that has a few mods and ran a 15.1 in the 1/4 mile, and she complains that it was slow. She has driven her Dads Cadillac with a v8 in it and says its slow. She says my new 05 GT that only has Flowmaster mufflers is too quiet and she needs something louder, and when she test drove the 160hp & 160lbs/tq Scion TC, she said it was way too slow, so to her, she needs speed and a manual tranny. She refuses to drive the 01 GT because its not a manual, so yeah, my Wife cares just so you know.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:56 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

The tC's engine was borrowed from the camry so its a proven platform of reliability too.
The Corolla XRS has 10hp more but far less tq, 36 less actually. But it is a more fuel economic car.
It gets 26/34 where the scion only gets 22/29.
But if the Corolla XRS was a 6spd and driven correctly, it would whoop a Scion TC. The Scions are heavier and their gearing isnt as good.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Why not just get a Prius? I actually liked that car quite a lot and its more roomy than you would think.
It gets 60mpg in the city and 51mpg on the freeway.
It has 110hp and 80tq. The electric engine has 295 ftlbs torque It can also be modified to go longer disctances and produce way more torque.

There are also tax breaks for having the car (though I think you have to pay the tax first, there was some sort of PZEV tax or some crap.)

But ultimatly they said the average person would have the full cost the car paid off in 3-5 years of owning it over a conventional car.

Can with for the Volt to come out either, I like how it looks.

Toyota also had an all Electric 4-runner but they destroyed it due to pressure from the oil companies, same thing with GM's EV1.
The EV1 had something crazy like 450ftlbs tq.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I guess I just don't get it. I mean I understand if she wants a fast car, but I don't see why anyone cares if their dd is fast.

The stang stays in the garage all week while I drive my little 1.6 to work and back getting 36 MPG. Maybe its just me, but from a DD perspective performance means nothing to me, MPG and comfort are the only things I care about.

It does suck whenI see someone I would like to race and don't have the stang, but with gas at 3 bucks a gallon and not getting any cheaper soon I can put up with this. I do drive alot more than the average person, but that dammed 3 buck a gallon gas... its just painful.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

If anything is driven correctly or incorrectly anything can happen, lol. Im talking normal driving I guess.. I dont have much experiance with 6 speeds and I would have to say that when I test drove an 04' Cobra that I had some problems with the shifter in the begining.

I never ground a gear though and take offs were smooth as butter.... I was just starting in 2nd gear a lot and skipping gears. The Cobra didnt flinch though
Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Gas hit $4 bux a gallon in LA and hollywood.... Sad day for californians

Hit $3.15/gal here in springfield mo.

also i highly recomend going and test driving a Prius.... Honestly if I had the money I would buy one, I like em.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I guess I just don't get it. I mean I understand if she wants a fast car, but I don't see why anyone cares if their dd is fast.

The stang stays in the garage all week while I drive my little 1.6 to work and back getting 36 MPG. Maybe its just me, but from a DD perspective performance means nothing to me, MPG and comfort are the only things I care about.

It does suck whenI see someone I would like to race and don't have the stang, but with gas at 3 bucks a gallon and not getting any cheaper soon I can put up with this. I do drive alot more than the average person, but that dammed 3 buck a gallon gas... its just painful.
The Wife and I dont have a DD, we both have our own car and with our work schedules we cant just drive one car, she is at work before I get home. Plus she dont really like driving the Stang, its too big for her, thats why she wants a sport compact car that is quick and can be made quicker. Just because you have alittle DD that gets good gas mileage doesnt mean everyone else wants one too. I drive 7 miles round trip to work and she drives like 4, so its not that much driving, and we dont go anywhere but to the store and thats like 2 miles away, so we dont rack up on mileage and once we fill up the 05 GT it usually lasts us about 10-12 days per fillup, so we dont spend much on gas.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

Gas hit $4 bux a gallon in LA and hollywood.... Sad day for californians

Hit $3.15/gal here in springfield mo.

also i highly recomend going and test driving a Prius.... Honestly if I had the money I would buy one, I like em.
LMFAO about a Prius, ugly and slow, but it would be good for someone who is looking for a car that gets good gas mileage. It was $2.85 here in Clarksville, TN, but it actually went down to $2.79 yesterday.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:08 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

We got the V6 stang as our DD
20 city and 30 hiway wasnt that bad.
Now we are only going to get 20 city and 27 freeway

I also have a couple mods on it, those 24lb injectors and that windstar intake (In about 2 weeks) so its more like 18/25 now

But hey, its faster than a 94-98 GT now

Quick Reply: What car should the Wife get???