4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NON PI home built turbo car getting better yet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Default NON PI home built turbo car getting better yet.

I havent posted in a while but I read in here a ton. Some folks may remember by home built twin turbo remote mount non pi car a while back. The car made 405rwhp and a smidge over 460ftlbs. Thats about 490 crank hp so for those that say stock stuff is crappy I have to say if Its tuned right it will hold. All this has been run through the stock non pi motor and stock non pi heads. I have enjoyed the car for a few months but I have realized that after surpassing most cars out on the road hp wise I still want more.

I will be building up a totaly forged 4.6non pi motor. The heads will be ported and polished by me. I plan on building the motor myself as well. I have some parts lined up. My new goal is to reach 650rwhp. I also plan on swapping in a T-56 and a bigger clutch. I will have to say that the ford king corba hd that is in there now is one bad ***** holding the power and has never given me trouble. I am fixing to rebuild the rear to hold up as well. This thing runs 12's now on bone stock suspension and DR's. I already have granatelli's double adjustable uppers and there ride hight adjustable lowers with hines joint on one end p-thane on the other. I cant wait to get this going and I will update as I go.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:54 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NON PI home built turbo car getting better yet.

good luck but your sig says you have a PI intake.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 AM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

i believe there is an adapter that allows you to put a pi intake on a non pi car
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Yes I have the livernois motorsport pi intake swap kit with adapters.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 AM
jst854
2nd Gear Member

You dont need an adapter to put a pi intkae on npi heads, I just did it. You just need some hi-temp silicione to seal the corners of the coolant passages as they do not completly line up.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:07 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I understand that, I'm not tryin go turn this into another PI vs NON PI thread butI just figured that if someone weretoclaim NON PI in thethread title they would not have changed to a PI intake. That's all. I very well could be wrong and that's just my opinion.
ORIGINAL: 1BadSonicBlue02GT

i believe there is an adapter that allows you to put a pi intake on a non pi car
Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 AM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

I understand that, I'm not tryin go turn this into another PI vs NON PI thread butI just figured that if someone weretoclaim NON PI in thethread title they would not have changed to a PI intake. That's all. I very well could be wrong and that's just my opinion.
ORIGINAL: 1BadSonicBlue02GT

he's saying that because he still has his Non-PI motor, only thing PI on it is the intake, i see where you're coming from though, as it's not a completely non-pi motor without the NPI intake.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Good luck with the build. You got more hutspa than I ever would, home turbo's are for the really advance or the really dumb. Sounds like your on the ball with it all. Post some pics of how you ran the turbo. I've always wanted a turbo stang cause Nothin beats a proper turbo set up...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:41 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Any pics or videos? I would like to see how its coming along.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:39 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

I posted a whole write up on the set up. No new pics of the rebuild yet. Im still gathering parts.
Here is a write up I had on another forum with vids and pics.
http://forums.modulardepot.com/media...bo-non-pi.html

Quick Reply: NON PI home built turbo car getting better yet.