Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #11
97targa
5th Gear Member

Default RE: compression test results

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Cornbread01

yea some lil kid where i live bumped it with his bike drove me crazy i hate it..... urrrrrrggggg
but what can you do...
screw that. anybody on a bike, scooter, skateboard or anything with wheels under their feet must steer clear of my car![sm=shootshoot.gif] No playing basketball, throwing football, playing horseshoes (these things will roll and bounce on hard graa forever..lol), no frisbee, volleyball, come to think of it, if your even slightly intoxicated I don't even want you walking by my car[sm=nono.gif]!!!.lol Call me ****, that's why my car is beautiful![sm=smiley15.gif] My wife officially hates it now since I put my cobra motor in and have LT's installed. It's Loud as f.ck[sm=icon_rock.gif], stinks like hell(no cats)[sm=icon_flaming.gif], rides rough,[sm=smiley11.gif] stereo's too loud,[sm=nono.gif] takes off too quick(perf. clutch)[sm=smiley20.gif] and I drive like an ***!!![sm=sorry.gif] If I missed anything let me know..lol [sm=smiley8.gif]
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
97targa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 AM   #12
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

That all looks fine, even #6 because its so slight. For 97targa, my neighbor came over to "give me a hand" while working on the wifes mint Alero and I didn't catch it at first but he was cockeyed so I asked him to stay away but Nooooo, he had to lean against the DS fender with his big G*Damn Nascar belt buckle, you can guess the rest, right down to the metal. he did pay for it but its still annoying to say the least.
FDNYBullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
MrChubs1
3rd Gear Member

Leakdown tests are great b/c you can tell WHERE the compression is leaking from. Intake valve, exhaust valve or rings. Head gasket, too I guess! [:-]
1970 Dodge Challenger, 440, 4sp (my toy) -- 12.67 @ 117.76 MPH....poor driver and suspension

All American garage,
MrChubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #14
01Steed
I ♥ Acer

Is it just me, or does the idea of pulling a sparkplug from an "operating temp" head make anyone else nervious?
01Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Your carboned plug is probably due to a valve seal issue, or an overly rich (drippy) injector. Try some Chevron techron Fuel additive in a couple of tanks of fuel.

John
'04 Black GT, '04 C-5 CORVETTE, and, too many others!! THE GT: UPR CAI, PP plenum, 70 mm throttle body, FRPP suspension, MMS panhard bar, sub frames, Steeda UDP's, Super 40 Flows, BBK shorty headers, SLP catted "X", Tri-ax, Mach I, grille and chin
70 MACH I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 70 MACH I

Your carboned plug is probably due to a valve seal issue, or an overly rich (drippy) injector. Try some Chevron techron Fuel additive in a couple of tanks of fuel.

John
will try this....
and for 97targa i know what you mean my car is not a dd so i came home one day and found that painfull dent... i knew who did it but didnt see it so.... i would feel bad to make some 6 yearold kid cry and by some chance it wasnt him ya know but that drove me crazy after that i bought a car cover and parked out side of where they play.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #17
MrChubs1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 01Steed

Is it just me, or does the idea of pulling a sparkplug from an "operating temp" head make anyone else nervious?
Um, a leakdown test is also done through the sparkplug hole.

Why would you be nervous about pulling a plug on a hot engine? Are you worried about the threads galling?
1970 Dodge Challenger, 440, 4sp (my toy) -- 12.67 @ 117.76 MPH....poor driver and suspension

All American garage,
MrChubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1967, 2001, 440, 46, 46l, 69, compression, dodge, ford, freight, gt, harbor, mustang, results, spec, specs, test, tester