4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Busy Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

Default Busy Day!!!

Like the title says, I've had a busy day!!I replaced my fuel pump with an SVT Focus Fuel Pump (AGAIN! [:@]the last one is already failing....apparently ford made a bad batch because the dealership whereI got it from said a few other people thatbought theirs about the timeI didhad problemstoo... But the dealership replaced it for free causeI bitched like hell!! lol), did the IAC mod, did the gas pedal mod, cleaned out my throttle body and upper intake plenum, and fabbed up my own short ram intake with heat shield.I used 3.5inch aluminum piping andused ceramic paint to paint it black (helps against heat soak). I'm using a small5 inch K&N filter right now butI ordered a massive 9 inch TrueFlow foam filter that will be here next week. And I used some aluminum platingto enclose the filter from the fan (thanks oxfordgt for the warning!!) and also used the ceramic paint on it. I also finished modding andinstalling my rear seat delete!

The IAC mod is amazing! It worked perfect the first time! However, I do not like the loud hissing noise it makes. So I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not... Any ideas on how to lessen the sound? Oh, and I used the gasket method. The gas pedal mod I love and will definitely keep!! I love my short ram intake, its frickin loud. I was going to modify the CAII previously made but decided to hell with it!I wasalso gunna use one of the filtersI've got laying around but decied to hell with them too.I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow. I'll also try and get some pictures of my APC racing seats and rear seat delete up tomorrow too.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Busy Day!!!

sweet man! looks like you had a productive day; Today i took out the POS Eibach pro kits and dropped the Sportlines in and washed and waxed.
you have any pictures of your ride?
Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Sunadaime
2nd Gear Member

yo id love to see pics on that intake. and the gas pedal. i need something to do this week. maybe ill use your intake idea if you let me know where you got the parts XD
Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

Igot the 3.5 inch tubing, silicone couplers, ceramic paint, and clamps from PepBoys. I got the smaller tubing for the crankcase hoses from Home Depot. I already had the air filter (I literally have over a dozen different kinds laying around) and the metal for the MAF flange and heat shield.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:10 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

btw, how do the Sportlinesride compared to the stock springs??
Old 03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

whats the IAC mod again..i know there is a search button...but it never works right for me lol. so could sumone tell me basically wht it is...does it add h.p???
Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Emanpimpster
3rd Gear Member

i wanna see a pic of this intake
Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
BlackMustang02GT
4th Gear Member

why do you need an svt focus fuel pump?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

The IAC mod fixes the annoying hanging rpms betweenshifts by causing the motor to return to idle quicker. It works on both autos and manuals.

I didn't need the pump, it was simply cheaper (by $80) than the stock one. The stock caused bank side 1 and 2 to be leanand threw afew codesa few months ago. I replaced the stock one with the SVT Focus one when I found out it way cheaper. Unfortunately, I started having a starting issue 2 weeks ago and I took it to local shop owned by a friend of mine andhe determined that it was the issue. SoI bought another one and the dealershipsaid that theyhad a few others return theirs cause theirs were faulty too.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

picture of the intake

Quick Reply: Busy Day!!!