4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what is the best mod to start with for 02 mustang gt??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
moosestanggt

Default what is the best mod to start with for 02 mustang gt??

what is the best performance mod to start with for an 02 mustang gt??? and whats the best order to go in??? my car is all stock right now i just got it. it is an automatic is there any mods that arent worth the money and what are the best? thx all
Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what is the best mod to start with for 02 mustang gt??

I'm gonna get laughed at, but if you daily drive your car more than anything I like subframe connectors[8D]
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

USE THE SEARCH AND POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION... this is becoming a big problem (at least in the 4.6 section (i don't know about other sections cuz i don't go there))

gears, exhaust, UDP, etc... most people would say start with gears... pretty much just start bolting on OR save your money for a S/C and/or nitrous... 2V don't take to bolt-ons very well

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php <----------- everyone should watch that because we need a refresher course
Old 04-15-2008, 12:05 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

exhaust[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Gears, Exhaust, Tuner, Search.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

Gears, Exhaust, Tuner, Search.
This, then after that drag radials and NAAAAAWZ[sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member

USE THE SEARCH AND POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION... this is becoming a big problem (at least in the 4.6 section (i don't know about other sections cuz i don't go there))

gears, exhaust, UDP, etc... most people would say start with gears... pretty much just start bolting on OR save your money for a S/C and/or nitrous... 2V don't take to bolt-ons very well

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php <----------- everyone should watch that because we need a refresher course

So angry......U dont need to reply to this if they bother U that much....Jezzz
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

[/align][/align]IMHO this is happening because the sections are nested differently from any other forum I've used--on most forums you start out in a "general" section and drill-down into the more focused and technical section. [/align][/align]Here that usual (and logical) nesting sequence is reversed...[/align][/align] [/align][/align]Oh, as for recommended 1st mod--93 octane fuel and a tune or tuner, then get it dynoed and call that you base line...[/align]
Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffyk

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

[/align][/align]IMHO this is happening because the sections are nested differently from any other forum I've used--on most forums you start out in a "general" section and drill-down into the more focused and technical section. [/align][/align]Here that usual (and logical) nesting sequence is reversed...[/align][/align] [/align][/align]Oh, as for recommended 1st mod--93 octane fuel and a tune or tuner, then get it dynoed and call that you base line...[/align]
+1 Agreed on the confusing structure to new users.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

transmission cooler, synthetic motor oil, and synthetic transmission fluid. you'll thank yourself when you're over the 150k mark and you're engine is pulling strong and the trans isnt slipping

Quick Reply: what is the best mod to start with for 02 mustang gt??