4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Loudest exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM
ThePunisher

Default Loudest exhaust

Hello everyone. I am new to this board and am very excited about learning new things about my mustang. I have a 98 gt 4.6 stang. I have a bbk cold air intake, k&n airfilter I believe, a bbk catless h pipe, and flowmasters. However I do not know what series or type of flowmasters are on it. Is there anyway I can tell? When I got the car it only had the flows on it, nothing else and I don't think the guy new either. Anyway, my question is, the car is loud, but not real loud. What exhaust would you guys recommend me to purchase to make my car louder? Should I just keep the catless h pipe on it, and buy different mufflers or get rid of it all and get some slp's or what? Oh, its an automatic too, haha, I thought that would matter also. thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Loudest exhaust

if u want mind-numbing loudness, keep the h-pipe and get some SLP loudmouth 1's. here's a vid with a catted h:

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...LM1CattedH.flv

yours will probly be even louder than that [:-]
Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

SLP Loudmouth 1's are loud....

my old setup SLP catted X pipe with str8 pipes was ungodly loud and i loved it..

not sure what im going to do now tho with longtubes as far as mid and cat back..

but SLP is definatly loud if u want them
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yep. SLP Loudmouths is the loudest cat-back, I got lm 2's b/c they have a deeper note than the 1's but they are also a little quieter [:@]. I have an o/r h-pipe with my lm 2's and it sounds great. Very loud and no can drone when cruising, but I think the lm 1's have cab drone as should your flowmasters. You want really loud look into longtube headers w/a short mid-pipe and slp lm 1 or 2, but you need to know that installing longtube headers is going to either be a real pain in the *** or very costly. Good Luck.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
ThePunisher

thanks jmsjags, I appreciate it man. His **** was loud, and catless, holy crap. after my dad and I put on the catless H, it was 100 times louder so I can only imagine. would it be louder/sound better if I just took the mufflers off and just used the catless h and straight pipes?

slp loud mouth 1's are mufflers I take it? sorry for the newbie questions guys. damn, TFM, so the catted x pipe was from slp but you didn't run any mufflers?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

yeah ran the catted slp xpipe with no mufflers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3BhnLOOZQI

im def going magnapacks or Loud mouth 1 now tho.....i mean i had to crawl around at night bc of cops
Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

I run probably the loudest exhaust money can buy...slp ceramic longtubes, slp off road x pipe, and slp loudmouth I catback. I'm so used to driving the car that i can even hear my SQ trim and mini race over the exhaust now
Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
ThePunisher

yo steel stang, my dad said the car is loud but i just don't think it is as loud as others i have heard around the area. but slp 1's are a type of muffler? any of you guys have a good link to them. I see the skinny ones and the regular looking ones. I definitely dont want to put cats on, so thats settled, but I have no clue what flowmasters I have.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

loudmouth 1 is just the type of resonator. less baffling compared to say the lm2s.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:53 PM
ThePunisher

also, what does it mean when someone says to dump them? and would different headers really make the car louder?

Quick Reply: Loudest exhaust