4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

trick flow track heat intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Default trick flow track heat intake manifold

I was wondering what you guys thought of this intake manifold? I plan on getting this one here http://www.trikflodirect.com/partdet...2&autoview=sku

I was curious to know if I could still put my accufab throttle body and plenum with this? I was originally going to go with a typhoon intake manifold and accufab throttle body and plenum combo but I was beat on so bad about the typhoon intake manifold that I said perhaps I should try out the trick flow. I have a 03 mustang gt with full exhaust and I'm going with a procharger P-1sc 3-core kit. I'm going to be installing both at the same time and dynoing it so I was just looking for a little feedback from everyone here.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

You're not going to be able to used the plenum, but the TB should work. The people I've seen using this are extremely happy with it, and it's what I'll be going with in the future.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
CAMDUP
3rd Gear Member

probably the best aftermarket intake for the 2v's
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

well, the only person on here i can think of that uses one is oxford, or mustangman281...whatever his new name is.

he's got one beastly forged/cammed/blown procharger setup from what i remember, so i'm sure it does alot for him. However, I dont know just how much a new intake manifold will do for you with your current setup. Even with a 8psi p1sc kit attached to it, I dont think you'd gain much with a stock heads/cams setup choking it out.

Unless you have a cracked IM that needs replacing, or you plan on going nuts (forged shortblock, ported heads/blower cams, and a bigger head unit than the p1sc) I would personally hold out for now on dropping the $$ on something that wont benefit you all that much.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Yellow_stang
1st Gear Member

I do not intend 2 steel this thread but has anyone ever used the edelbrock victor Jr. with the mmr adapter 2 install the plenum and throttle body instead of the carburetor ?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
mustangman281
Banned

I am using it and it works great. My numbers are below. By the way I have a novi 2000 not a little procharger.

I just finished building my friends car and used the TFS intake. He has a built shortblock heavily ported heads, cms stage 2.5 blower cams, full exhaust and a porcharger D1-sc making 12 lbs of boost. His car make 535rwhp and limited by his fuel system. Which is pretty good since I told him I was only building it to 500rwhp.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Originally Posted by Yellow_stang
I do not intend 2 steel this thread but has anyone ever used the edelbrock victor Jr. with the mmr adapter 2 install the plenum and throttle body instead of the carburetor ?
The edelbrock needs tons of port work just to get the ports to match.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
kongdong
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT03 TJS
well, the only person on here i can think of that uses one is oxford, or mustangman281...whatever his new name is.

he's got one beastly forged/cammed/blown procharger setup from what i remember, so i'm sure it does alot for him. However, I dont know just how much a new intake manifold will do for you with your current setup. Even with a 8psi p1sc kit attached to it, I dont think you'd gain much with a stock heads/cams setup choking it out.

Unless you have a cracked IM that needs replacing, or you plan on going nuts (forged shortblock, ported heads/blower cams, and a bigger head unit than the p1sc) I would personally hold out for now on dropping the $$ on something that wont benefit you all that much.
I understand where your coming from but I just read and article that convinces me that it's the right one for my application. http://reviews.ebay.com/Trick-Flow-s...00000004417720

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be just what I was looking for.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 AM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

I absolutely love mine. I went with the oval TB upper.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
I am using it and it works great. My numbers are below. By the way I have a novi 2000 not a little procharger.

I just finished building my friends car and used the TFS intake. He has a built shortblock heavily ported heads, cms stage 2.5 blower cams, full exhaust and a porcharger D1-sc making 12 lbs of boost. His car make 535rwhp and limited by his fuel system. Which is pretty good since I told him I was only building it to 500rwhp.
my mistake man, i thought for some reason you were going with/or had an F1-A procharger. Werent you at some point? lol

anyways, my opinion still stands. The two people on here who are praising it the most make huge numbers and have fully built motors. I just think that at this point in the game youd have more of an opportunity to make bigger numbers focusing on blower cams or something.

Dont get me wrong, if i was going with a blower other than a twin screw myself, i'd probably have one on top of my engine. But if you're planning on going big in the future, i'd say go for it. I dont think it will hurt you. Just dont think it will benifit you all that much right now

Quick Reply: trick flow track heat intake manifold