Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 1999 GT Send a message via Yahoo to 1999 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfan View Post
By openly telling everyone in the 4.6 section what he did is gonna be open for criticism, just the way it is
fair enough lol...you guys are good here and know your shiot..which is why we're here in the first place
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

'03 Zinc Yellow GT 5spd
'99 Black GT 5spd- SOLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYVPcX50yI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxynerd View Post
Who buys 17" Saleens? It's like having a mentally challenged girlfriend. Everyone's proud of you for having a GF and that you're not gay but they still feel bad for you.
1999 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT

you just gotta have thick skin.. thats all. If you f### up, you better know we are going to tell you that you f###'d up. If your car is hideous/ricer, we will tell you. No bs'n here.

KENNE BELL 2.1L = SOLD
KENNE BELL 2.8H = Waiting to be installed
Tim99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #33
1999 GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to 1999 GT Send a message via Yahoo to 1999 GT

like i said, fair enough lol

'03 Zinc Yellow GT 5spd
'99 Black GT 5spd- SOLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYVPcX50yI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxynerd View Post
Who buys 17" Saleens? It's like having a mentally challenged girlfriend. Everyone's proud of you for having a GF and that you're not gay but they still feel bad for you.
1999 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #34
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

imo opinion certain ppl in this thread talk too much. offer the man some help or shut the hell up..nothing to it.
Jbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #35
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT

First thing you need to do is pull the trans. It could be a few things. Check the clutch disc. You could have snapped the springs on the disc. You could have snapped the input shaft or the slector inside the trans.

One thing you can do when you pull the trans, put it in gear and turn the input shaft by hand. The output shaft should spin while turning the input shaft. I dont think the output shaft will turn will in Neutral. So that may help to find out if it is the trans or the clutch.

It would concern me though that the trans is not even grinding without the clutch pushed in though. Makes me think it is more of an internal trans issue.

The T45 is pretty weak so be careful with those burn outs.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #36
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine8490 View Post
First thing you need to do is pull the trans. It could be a few things. Check the clutch disc. You could have snapped the springs on the disc. You could have snapped the input shaft or the slector inside the trans.

One thing you can do when you pull the trans, put it in gear and turn the input shaft by hand. The output shaft should spin while turning the input shaft. I dont think the output shaft will turn will in Neutral. So that may help to find out if it is the trans or the clutch.

It would concern me though that the trans is not even grinding without the clutch pushed in though. Makes me think it is more of an internal trans issue.

The T45 is pretty weak so be careful with those burn outs.
thanks nick for helping me out ahah...but yes the t-45 like you said is pretty weak, but mine has stronger synchros with only 6k on it, so i deff will have ot pull the trans as stated, ive asked a few more people and a ford mechanic and he said input shaft or output shaft for sure..neevr heard of an output shaft??? but anyways yea it does not grind or anything when i put it in any gear wich also scares me, becuas ei think i bent/broke a shift fork or something, i am contemplating finding a used tko5/600 or my buddy has 2 97 cobra trannys with about 50k on them, and just put my clutch in it and go...so idk..thanks for your help, and there is nothing cooler than grabbing gears during a burnout...ive seen beat foxes do it witht he worst t-5 ever, so why not a cobra with a decent t-45..but still a crap trans..ahah

Big Snake, Little Bite...Full Bolt-On 97 Cobra, Bored .30 over...Need Kenne Bell
-1986 IROC-Z-SOLD
-1985 GT T-Top-SOLD
-1994 GT-SOLD
-2002 GT-SOLD
-1997 COBRA-LOVE!!
-1988 Mercury Cougar Bostonian, 5.0 60k Mile Peach
-1985 GT-Carb'd Special, Bolt on's and a t-5 n Sunroof!
-1993 Ford F-150 4.9I6 5 Speed-WON'T DIE
5.0 85 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
150, 3rd, 97, bolt, bostonian, brake, burnt, car, clutch, edge, full, gear, geared, mercury, sale, stand