4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Victor Jr Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:44 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Default Victor Jr Intake

Is the Victor Jr setup a worthy investment,I'm going to be changing that plastic pos pretty soon but I just came across this and was like "They make an EFI Victor Jr for our cars! Hellz Yea!" and what kind of throttle body or elbow would you reccomend for this? Also I'm going with a Centri Vortech setup later Will this setup be a problem?

Last edited by BriansNSane; 10-31-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

You can use any of the usual TB/plenum setups, but you either need to buy the adapter plate from MMR or make one. IMO, this is a race intake. It's meant to rev high, so unless you have the valvetrain and the internals for spinning to around 7K, this intake isn't going to do you much good. I really haven't seen any dyno graphs of anyone running this intake, though. The only person I know of running one is sxynerd, and he's putting out around over or around 600rwhp. I haven't seen any NA results or results from a stock block blower combo.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Yes, I recommend it. It's awesome!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:19 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Yea I guess I should have clarified a little more.End result will be a built 4v swap with a centr vortech pegged out. I'm looking for around 550-600.I'm just trying to compile a parts list and came across this and I've always been a fan of the Victor jr intakes.Just curious if anyone was running one.Thanx for chiming in Sxynerd, I just browsed your thread with your sexy beast(haha) very nice! I will most likely use this setup but I'm definetely going to need a taller hood when its over that elbow is freaking tall and your talking about there being a taller one haha I'm def looking into an mmr800 shortblock though that joker is ready for anything.

Last edited by BriansNSane; 11-01-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

I'm running one aswell, but I'm on the stock shortblock and with stage 2 npi cams it moved the power/torque out my safe limits. but for a built motor I think it will work just fine. I will see later as I am waiting on some trickflow heads and some cams to finish my build then we will see what it can do for me. Also why are you looking at a 2v intake for a built 4v motor? A sullivan intake is pretty much the same just has ports to fit the 4v heads.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BriansNSane
Yea I guess I should have clarified a little more.End result will be a built 4v swap with a centr vortech pegged out. I'm looking for around 550-600.I'm just trying to compile a parts list and came across this and I've always been a fan of the Victor jr intakes.Just curious if anyone was running one.Thanx for chiming in Sxynerd, I just browsed your thread with your sexy beast(haha) very nice! I will most likely use this setup but I'm definetely going to need a taller hood when its over that elbow is freaking tall and your talking about there being a taller one haha I'm def looking into an mmr800 shortblock though that joker is ready for anything.
Originally Posted by Chris98Gt
I'm running one aswell, but I'm on the stock shortblock and with stage 2 npi cams it moved the power/torque out my safe limits. but for a built motor I think it will work just fine. I will see later as I am waiting on some trickflow heads and some cams to finish my build then we will see what it can do for me. Also why are you looking at a 2v intake for a built 4v motor? A sullivan intake is pretty much the same just has ports to fit the 4v heads.
This.

i wouldn't even waste money on a sullivan, i'd just get your stock intake ported when you do the 4v swap, it flows well enough.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

I'm a little confused, will this intake not work for 4v engines? I thought the 4v was the same block as a 2v but with different heads, crank, etc. If my stock Intake will work on a 4v then that just kinda clarifies my question. Would it be more money efficient to get my stock intake ported vs spending the cash for the Victor jr intake,fuel rails,elbow?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

No, 2v and 4v intakes are completely different.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 AM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Ohh ok TY for clearing that up Sxynerd, My poor head was about to pop! So unless I stay with a 2v setup then this intake is off limits. Sad to hear that!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BriansNSane
Ohh ok TY for clearing that up Sxynerd, My poor head was about to pop! So unless I stay with a 2v setup then this intake is off limits. Sad to hear that!
yep and Sullivan is pretty much the only aftermarket for 4vs besides the fr-500 intake and the cobra R intake along with sheet metal, but they seem expensive and seem to be well suited for N/A applications. There are alot of people that do porting on SVTPeformance for stock 4v intakes, I think right now N/A SVT is the top reccomended as Nazman is out of commission, there are a few others, they actually cut the intake apart, port then weld back together, i've thought of trying it with my heads/intake but i dont have a flow bench.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr Intake