4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

question about my h pipe..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Twizted99GT

Default question about my h pipe..

is it just me or do the h-pipes, "settle" down and get a little bit quieter a few days after install? it doesnt leak or anything its just that it seems to have lost the BWAP BWAP BWAP spit it had and is now a mellow rumble akin to my flows before the hpipe, just maybe 25 percent louder. im just wondering if its because the car figured out the cats were gone and changed something? or am i just getting used to it...anyone? ps it still spits the same way with the bwap bwap noise, albeit a littler higher up in the rpm band then it did when it was new.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

I would say you are just getting used to it, just like you get used to the HP. I don't think anything really changes with a o/r h after install, never noticed a difference in mine.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yeah, i've changed my mid pipe a few times, and have never noticed a change in tone when going back to my h pipe.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Mine was never really loud on the inside of the car but it was decently loud on the outside. I think you have gotten used to it.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 AM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Everytime I've installed new exhaust parts it seems to get louder after a few days I've heard because of the oil from fabrication burning off.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

The only thing I've heard of that relates to this is new mufflers having a slight change in tone after a couple days, due to the sound deadening material going through heat cycles and subsequently breaking in or settling.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Twizted99GT

hmm okay thanks for the replies guys, im just happy im not having any exhaust leaks. and my friends tell me its still crazy *** loud when they drive with me up in the mountains, and they hate being behind me becuase they cant listen to their radio

i probably did get used to it. i really need some LTs > or if anyone could recomend some loud exhausts? i currently run flow master super 40s. i dunno why but i just love louder then all hell cars haha.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
masterofthepuppets99
2nd Gear Member

if you want it louder then cut out your mufflers
Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Twizted99GT
hmm okay thanks for the replies guys, im just happy im not having any exhaust leaks. and my friends tell me its still crazy *** loud when they drive with me up in the mountains, and they hate being behind me becuase they cant listen to their radio

i probably did get used to it. i really need some LTs > or if anyone could recomend some loud exhausts? i currently run flow master super 40s. i dunno why but i just love louder then all hell cars haha.
If you want super loud, but still a nice deep tone, then check out SSS Terminator mufflers. These are what i run, and next to SLP 1's or race bullets, these are probably the loudest mufflers we can get for our rides.

I run these with long tubes and h pipe, and they're damn loud...in a good way!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Twizted99GT

Originally Posted by masterofthepuppets99
if you want it louder then cut out your mufflers
would that actually sound good? i havent heard a stang without the mufflers, id imagine the sound not being too great. ill look around though, thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: question about my h pipe..