4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

clutch quadrant

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
jtfrog
2nd Gear Member

Default clutch quadrant

I am getting ready to do a clutch on my 01 t-45. I know the clutch has the auto adjuster. Do I need to reset this or will it reset itself when i undo the cable from the clutch fork?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
JerseyTrueBlue
1st Gear Member

Once you have everything hooked back up, pull up on the pedal by putting your foot underneath it for a few seconds, you should hear a click. This means it's adjusted. Whatever you do, do not buy an aftermarket quadrant or a firewall adjuster, it barely helps with the pedal location, they are a pain to set right, and they make your pedal vibrate like a mother and it sounds terrible. Everyone I know who has had them, both upr and steeda went back to stock. I'm still running my steeda but I hate it.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:23 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by JerseyTrueBlue
Once you have everything hooked back up, pull up on the pedal by putting your foot underneath it for a few seconds, you should hear a click. This means it's adjusted. Whatever you do, do not buy an aftermarket quadrant or a firewall adjuster, it barely helps with the pedal location, they are a pain to set right, and they make your pedal vibrate like a mother and it sounds terrible. Everyone I know who has had them, both upr and steeda went back to stock. I'm still running my steeda but I hate it.
I run a Steeda quadrant/firewall adjuster with zero problems
UPR's are know to rattle, but it sounds like install error
It really is about strength/adjust-ability not pedal height
Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

the UPRs do rattle depending on where you have the FWA set at. i reinstalled mine several times, believe me, its no install error. anyway, i would suggest getting an aftermarket quadrant, the original one is a huge piece of crap
Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by trailor
anyway, i would suggest getting an aftermarket quadrant, the original one is a huge piece of crap
Agree^^
Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
mustang13gt
1st Gear Member

not 100 percent sure but i think with an aftermarket cable you have to buy a aftermarket quadrant. if you decide to do that let me know i have a quadrant and cable and fire wall adjuster that came off my 02 mustang pm me. i am willing to let it go for a fair price
Old 05-09-2010, 10:33 PM
SnakeConvert98
1st Gear Member

Whatever you do, do not buy an aftermarket quadrant or a firewall adjuster, it barely helps with the pedal location, they are a pain to set right, and they make your pedal vibrate like a mother and it sounds terrible. Everyone I know who has had them, both upr and steeda went back to stock.

WOW!! I bought a UPR set up(cable,quadrant, firewall addjuster) over a year ago and never have had any of the symptoms you speak of!!!! Didn't fix my original problem but, didn't add any new ones either!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

yeah you only have the rattle if you have the FWA adjusted incorrectly. UPR's quick click FWA is actually very easy to adjust so im not sure what that guy was talking about. my problem did not get fixed by it either, but i contribute that to a well-used clutch that will need replacing soon. and my shifting feels a lot better, plus the plastic quadrant will end up breaking on you sooner or later, so you might as well buy an aftermarket one (mine was so worn that the self-adjust mechanism didnt work anymore)
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

horrible advice. the stock one is a peice of crap. now maybe if you said cable, then i would agree.

i have a steeda one in my car and its great. no noise, easy to adjust, and it doesn't occasionally over-adjust my pedal like the stocker. its also a much stronger peice than stock.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 AM
JerseyTrueBlue
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
horrible advice. the stock one is a peice of crap. now maybe if you said cable, then i would agree.

i have a steeda one in my car and its great. no noise, easy to adjust, and it doesn't occasionally over-adjust my pedal like the stocker. its also a much stronger peice than stock.
Right, so the fact that every one that I've dealt with has been a pain in the a, and have even heard guys who own shops say they hate installing them is bs right? Pretty sure good advice comes from experience so I just thought I would share my bad experiences sorry for trying to help the guy out.

Quick Reply: clutch quadrant