4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Side Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04BlueGT
Do you have or plan to have subframe connectors? I remember reading somewhere that side exit are difficult (if not impossible) with those on. I'm not 100% certain. Anyone know that answer to this, because I was thinking about side exit until I read that.
You have to use the Spintech subframe connectors. They are designed to fit mustangs with side exhaust.

Originally Posted by 0949er
I dont think you understand how loud your car is going to be....

haha
+1 Billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP... Listen to this guy.... I have a custom side exhaust(BBK LT's, Catted X, and SLP LM1's) and its almost too loud. I couldnt even imagine what it would sound like with out cats.........
Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 PM
ArchAngel416
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
You have to use the Spintech subframe connectors. They are designed to fit mustangs with side exhaust.

+1 Billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP... Listen to this guy.... I have a custom side exhaust(BBK LT's, Catted X, and SLP LM1's) and its almost too loud. I couldnt even imagine what it would sound like with out cats.........
i currently have SLP x pipe an LM1's just need headers and i am upset with how not loud it is
Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ArchAngel416
i currently have SLP x pipe an LM1's just need headers and i am upset with how not loud it is
I'm the same boat bro! When I'm not in the hole again I'm def. slapping on some headers, and throwin in some cams...I;m keeping the SLP's only because I love the look of the duals out back.

FWIW, a buddy of mine in NC has an 02' with a side exit coming off longtubes... Search google or youtube for nick at pdpracing...its red with a roush bodykit, he has video of it, sounds good!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
I have a custom side exhaust(BBK LT's, Catted X, and SLP LM1's) and its almost too loud. I couldnt even imagine what it would sound like with out cats.........
Tim you forgot to mention also a fully built motor with a monster 2.8H Kenne Bell pushing enough power to make your tires cry everytime the engine is turned on....b*st*rd... LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I didnt think tim had the new motor in yet??
Old 06-30-2010, 08:12 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

LOL it will be loud...but will it sound good? I don't mind loud as long as it sounds good.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Tim you forgot to mention also a fully built motor with a monster 2.8H Kenne Bell pushing enough power to make your tires cry everytime the engine is turned on....b*st*rd... LOL
I dont have the new motor done yet. This was with the stock motor.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
LOL it will be loud...but will it sound good? I don't mind loud as long as it sounds good.
A big block all out drag car it will sound awesome. a 4.6 will sound like *** and real car guys will hate you and laugh at your car. The only people that will like it are High Schoolers
But in the end it is your car do what you want
Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
A big block all out drag car it will sound awesome. a 4.6 will sound like *** and real car guys will hate you and laugh at your car. The only people that will like it are High Schoolers

I think that may be just a tad over stated...lol

A cammed 4.6 with open headers (no dumps or pipes at all, just wide open at the collector) sounds like pure sex idling in MY opinion...It does not however, sound quite so good while actually driving lol. But with an h pipe and dumps..ya, it sounds mean as hell.

Now, NO aftermarket cams, and we are talking a whole different ball game. Open headers will sound like poop, and dumps wont be much better. A nice aggressive cam goes a long way.

Just my opinion though, and we all know about opinions...lol
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
ArchAngel416
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
want to give me the money for the big block motor ill gladly do that. but until i get the money to do that yeah... ill settle for just pissin off the MP's on base. I like the mee too highschool bodystyle and cowlnot really.... that is what i saw at my highschool. cowls everyone puts em on cars that dont need it.

Last edited by ArchAngel416; 07-01-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Side Exhaust