4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What should my new mod be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Red2002GT
1st Gear Member

Default What should my new mod be?

Car is a red 2002 automatic GT.

Current mods are
FRPP aluminum driveshaft

MM full length weld in subframes
CC paltes
Lower control arms
Polly spring insulators
Pan hard bar

Bilstein shocks and struts
Steeda sport springs
Steeda underdrive pullies

JLT fender well cold air.
Accufab 70 TB and plenum

Pypes catted x pipe

This week I have rear 2754017 nittos coming from american muscle as well as an SCT tuner

exteriorwise
I have mach one grill delete
mach one chin spoiler and grille (both faded now, they've been on the car since I bought it feb 04)
with silver star lights in faded headlamps.
and the mirrors are now painted to match the body which makes a huge difference IMHO

I don't go to drag races.
I love fast turns.
I hate loud exhausts, if anything I would want to go quieter and better flowing if possible. (When I say I hate loud exhaust I mean I love to hear them on OTHER cars, I just don't want to hear it as I drive everywhere in mine, and I really don't need the cops to hear me when I put the pedal down)

I have frpp 4.10's but wanted to put them in after I have done everything else I can think of.

I would probably want to keep it under $400.
Any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Bmitchell373
2nd Gear Member

Smoke lights!!!! lol Not really. Full exhaust would probably help. Be more than $400. But long tubes, keep your catted x-pipe and some 2 or 3 chamber mufflers will be quiet compared to any other exhaust set up. IMO
Old 03-19-2011, 09:39 AM
harbre32
2nd Gear Member

put the gears in--- do it now
Old 03-19-2011, 09:40 AM
harbre32
2nd Gear Member

where are you located in pa?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Did you put in the FRPP aluminum driveshaft yourself or was that already done when you got the car? Was it worth it (noticeable?). If you bought it how much roughly was it?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Red2002GT
1st Gear Member

I live by Willowgrove PA.
I put the driveshaft in myself.
For automatic cars you have to change the snout on the trans end.
I bought mine back in the day when I first got the car it was like 175 but they have gotten a lot more expensive since then.
I know most people say they don't notice a difference, but when I first put it in I thought I noticed a difference in the higher rpm.
Probably one of those mental things though.
Or maybe since they are direct bolt ins for stick cars and I can't remember hearing of anyone else putting one in an automatic, maybe taking the 20#'s or whatever of rotating
mass off is more noticeable for slush box cars.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Red2002GT
I live by Willowgrove PA.
I put the driveshaft in myself.
For automatic cars you have to change the snout on the trans end.
I bought mine back in the day when I first got the car it was like 175 but they have gotten a lot more expensive since then.
I know most people say they don't notice a difference, but when I first put it in I thought I noticed a difference in the higher rpm.
Probably one of those mental things though.
Or maybe since they are direct bolt ins for stick cars and I can't remember hearing of anyone else putting one in an automatic, maybe taking the 20#'s or whatever of rotating
mass off is more noticeable for slush box cars.
Hey Thanks... I saw AM has then for almost 400 & im like dang lol. Yea i got an auto but wasn't sure just how much difference they make. Im aware they help a bit racing down the strip esp when your making alot of power becuz the oem will snap. Soo the snout on the trans end huh? whats the entail?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:28 AM
sonicx
speed'n

btw: jmod or transgo shift kit + trans cooler i'd say you go with if your wanted to keep it under 400.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Red2002GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Hey Thanks... I saw AM has then for almost 400 & im like dang lol. Yea i got an auto but wasn't sure just how much difference they make. Im aware they help a bit racing down the strip esp when your making alot of power becuz the oem will snap. Soo the snout on the trans end huh? whats the entail?
You modify the driveshaft itself.
I couldn't think of the proper name at the time.
Its the slip yoke.
I think the splines are different.
So when you buy the driveshaft you have to undo the front u joint and swap your old slip yoke into the new shaft.
It was an easy driveway swap.
Worst part was getting the 12 point socket for the four bolts at the diff since I didn't have one.
I am also **** about my car so I bought new bolts from the dealer, they come pre lock tited in the package.
My friend was looking to buy one, I shopped around on the net and I think the cheapest I could find was around $269.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:41 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Red2002GT
You modify the driveshaft itself.
I couldn't think of the proper name at the time.
Its the slip yoke.
I think the splines are different.
So when you buy the driveshaft you have to undo the front u joint and swap your old slip yoke into the new shaft.
It was an easy driveway swap.
Worst part was getting the 12 point socket for the four bolts at the diff since I didn't have one.
I am also **** about my car so I bought new bolts from the dealer, they come pre lock tited in the package.
My friend was looking to buy one, I shopped around on the net and I think the cheapest I could find was around $269.
Driveshaft bolts? Where at? How long would an install take 4 someone who's never done 1?

Quick Reply: What should my new mod be?