4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what should i do to my 2004 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sk8tenbeast
would the speed shop make it 20 psi or would i do that myself?
i just gave you 20psi as an example. but it all depends on what supercharger you get. Also depends on what pulley you are running. If you get a good sized blower and run a pulley for 20psi, you will have to get a dyno tune to get your air to fuel ratio on track. that is the big thing right there. the tune. without the correct tune and air to fuel ratio, bad things can happen to your setup. If you go to a reputable shop and they get the tune spot on, the power you would make would be great
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM
sk8tenbeast

Also what doy uo mean by forged internal is that like the pistons and stuff?!?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Any thing over 450 rwhp u will need upgraded internals (pistons, rods, crank). My sig says 385 but im actually closer to the 400 hp mark & I dont feel like pushin my luck without forged internals.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
sk8tenbeast

sweet you have alot of stuff done to your car that i dont even know lol. but im trying to get over 500 i guess lol. so what would i need internally to boost my hp but people to hold the high horsepower?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM
sk8tenbeast

be able***
Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

if you want 500hp youre going to need forged internals and a BIG blower. stock power your looking at 260 engine horse power. takes a LOT to double your power but with enough money it can be done.

updated list

4.10 gears
Off road X pipe.
Magnaflow Muffelrs or SLP LM
Blower+forged internals
upgraded Throttle body +plenum + MAF
cam swap / port and polished heads
a good dyno tune + a hand held tuner
under drive pully upgrade
brembo brakes/ larger better rotors
Springs and Struts upgraded
LONG TUBE headers
upgraded fuel pump and injectors / adjusted ECU for more pressure.

honestly it might be easier and faster to just buy a 2003 cobra and put a KB Blower on it. They already have forged internals and its DOHC and IRS.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM
sk8tenbeast

yah your probably right about just buying a cobra but i already have my mustang gts exterior and interior completely finished with bbs rims darkish red paint and sparco racing seats with a cobra body kit on it, so it looks like a cobra just not engine and performance whise. so i kinda want to keep this platform. ive put alot of money already into it and time. so i want to stay with my gt . but the list you gave me should put me around that range of 500 correct!?!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
sk8tenbeast

Originally Posted by SXGT
if you want 500hp youre going to need forged internals and a BIG blower. stock power your looking at 260 engine horse power. takes a LOT to double your power but with enough money it can be done.

updated list

4.10 gears
Off road X pipe.
Magnaflow Muffelrs or SLP LM
Blower+forged internals
upgraded Throttle body +plenum + MAF
cam swap / port and polished heads
a good dyno tune + a hand held tuner
under drive pully upgrade
brembo brakes/ larger better rotors
Springs and Struts upgraded
LONG TUBE headers
upgraded fuel pump and injectors / adjusted ECU for more pressure.

honestly it might be easier and faster to just buy a 2003 cobra and put a KB Blower on it. They already have forged internals and its DOHC and IRS.
yah your probably right about just buying a cobra but i already have my mustang gts exterior and interior completely finished with bbs rims darkish red paint and sparco racing seats with a cobra body kit on it, so it looks like a cobra just not engine and performance whise. so i kinda want to keep this platform. ive put alot of money already into it and time. so i want to stay with my gt . but the list you gave me should put me around that range of 500 correct!?! plus what about the transmission and clutch do i need to upgrade those too?!?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

of course you want a stiffer clutch and a short throw shifter. also where at in TN are you. I go to TN a lot.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Find a tuner in your area and talk to him BEFORE you build. You can buy crate engines packages from motor builders all ready to drop in your car. There is a thread here some where. brb

look around here, http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-musta...ne-engine.html

I cant find the thread right now that has a good list of motor builders that offer good packages complete.

Last edited by FrostByte; 03-23-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Quick Reply: what should i do to my 2004 mustang gt