4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

please help if u can

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Wobbie

Default please help if u can

I have a 2004 mustanggt with the MACH audio sound system 6 disc in dash cd player. About two monthes ago I realized it only plays the radio now it will not load or eject cd's? I kmow I have discs in their but it just tells me cd eror and wont do any thing with the cd side of the system. Any one have any ideas how I can fix this issue or should I just take it to the dealer?

Thanks Robert
Old 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Go buy an aftermarket head unit. The CD-6 unit is notorious for the exact problem you're experiencing. Once you have a new head unit installed, you can take the factory one apart and reclaim your cd's.

Something you can do in the meantime if you're bored is, disconnect the car's battery for a minute and then reconnect it, this will reset the head unit. Then, you can attempt to get your cd's back. My old trick was I would hit 'eject' and when the door opens you have like 2 seconds to get in there with something small (I used a short piece of coat hanger wire) to nudge the edge of the disc; doing so would cause the player to grab the disc better and spit it out. As far as trying to repair the unit though, you're pretty much screwed; my advice is start saving up for a new one.