4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ford Mustang Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
93Miata

Default Ford Mustang Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for Ford keyless entry remotes?

My Ford dealer wants $119 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (97 GT, 03 Cobra).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Ford Mustang Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

For that price, your better off getting an aftermarket alarm system. Cost would be under $200. Therefore youll have 2 new remotes and a good alarm system. Screw the dealer, theyll just f*** you any way they can.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:18 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

I'll tell you man, when I got my Mustang the dealer said there was keyless entry system at all. After a call to the Ford dealer they said it was standard in my car so I was lyed to. Ford said $50 bucks for a remote programmed. I bought mine off of ebay for $15 dollors shipped. The guy I bought if from had excellant reviews and I couldn't have been happier. Got the remote in less than a week and programmed it myself. Very easy to do.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 PM
93Miata

Id rather stay factory since I have the receivers installed already. The people I bought from on ebay all had good feedback, but I found out thats because the minute you mention you have a problem with the sale, they threaten to post bad feedback for you as a buyer if you dont give them a positive. I didn't even mention feedback, just wanted a refund, but I wasnt about to ruin my perfect record of 6 years on ebay for some idiots. Are there any other sources for factory remotes?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Go to www.keylessride.com and order from them. The previous owner of my car lost the keyfob and I got mine from them. It was only $50 and it comes with the instructions to do it yourself. It is not very hard to do on your own.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
93Miata

Wow...sorry, you must have missed the part of my first post about the KR site. The guy who runs it has a few names on ebay, and I almost bought from there until I recognized the name in one of the BS "press releases" he posts on his site. After the hassle I had with them on ebay, I'd never order from there again. (sorry, just still a little upset) [:'(]

I'll browse around unless anyone knows of other sources.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 AM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

I paid like $40 for the remote and programmed it myself. Picked it up at a local dealership.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:17 AM
93Miata

What dealer if you remember? All of my local dealers want similar expensive prices and I'm not about to drive hundreds of miles to save a few, but maybe I can order through them?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

Mike Fitzpatrick in Newnan ,GA 30277. They are a small dealership I dont even know if they have a website or if you can purchase something from them online.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
93Miata

I found another site that sells the keyless entry remotes - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The KR site wants about $60 a piece with shipping for the 97 Mustang remote. [:'(]

They're less than 1/2 that price on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=337

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my Cobra as well.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions