Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #1
rocket22
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang Cobra
Default 1997 Cobra - Upper Intake Manifold Gaskets - what is this piece?

I finally had some time to get the intake manifold off to replace upper/lower manifold gaskets which will hopefully allow me to pass emissions (Stock engine). When I removed the driver side fuel rail there was a small 1 x 1 piece of black thin foam pad. Does anyone know where this would be from? There is no way it was under with the gaskets, and I am guessing it is a pad to prevent some wire from chaffing. I don't see this anywhere in the 1997 Full Service Manual. I am going to start reassembly today once the gaskets arrive.

Note: This engine is a PITA for this repair. Easily twice as complicated as a pushrod engine. The Coolant crossover tube was a pain along with the front mounting bracket. I documented the removal, now just need to put it all back together, cross my fingers.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
rocket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Post a pic.

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS: SLP Blackwing, K&N Air Filter, SLP Under Drive Pulley, VMax TB, OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom Predator Tune!!
DeathRattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
rocket22
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang Cobra
Default I will post in the next few days - deathrattle

Deathrattle - is that taken from the noise the OHC chain noise in Ford Engines? Specifically the 4.0?
rocket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:21 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement