4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

No crank no start 98 GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 04:46 PM
Chase Cordova

Default No crank no start 98 GT

I have a 98 GT that I've had for 3 years. So I was having no issues prior everything started and ran find and I pulled into a gas station and turned my car off because my sub stopped hitting due to the ground coming off . Anyway I fixed the wires on that and when I went to start it the car was like dead dead no lights on the dash nothing. Tried to jump start it nothing happened had battery checked nothing happened. Just no power to anything. Checked all fuses all of them were fine and worked checked everything I could think of with a volt meter. Changed out my ignition switch and have power to my dash and stereo etc. But when key is turned all the way nothing will happen at all it registers as if its not turned at all. Ignition switch is in right and starter wires are all connected securely and I don't think it could be the starter either it has had no trouble starting the car before now and is only a year old.
Fuel pump turns on when key turns to on so that is taken care of. Battery is fine. Grounds are on. Car is in park and also PATS is off . ( light turns off when key is on for three seconds ) inertia switch is not triggered. There is no spark on my coils either (may be due to the fact its not cranking ) but basically nothing happens when key is turned past on . What could be the issue any help would be appreciated
Old 11-22-2016, 06:39 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Bad PCM?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:58 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

bad pcm wont kill power to everything when the key is in the start position. You need to triple check your wiring, if everything was fine then you fiddle with wires for your stereo then it sounds like you know what area to go over again