4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The end all CAMS thread for 99-04 2V's

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: The end all CAMS thread for 99-04 2V's

ORIGINAL: Bulldog Stang

ORIGINAL: Hyper00

Where can I find the Vids or Sound files for the Stage 1 Cam.

This is what I have done to the car:
BBK UD Pulleys
C&L MAF & True Flow Pipe
K&N Filter
C&L Intake Plenum
BBK 75MM Throttle Body
1" TB Spacer
1/2" Intake Spacer
Diablo Tuner w/ Spark Advance at 17 degrees
.410 Gears
BBK O/R X-Pipe
40 Series Flowmasters
Kenny Brown Subframes
Mac Performance Upper & Lower Control Arms
Nitto 555 DR's 15x10.5
Weld Pro Stars 4" Front, 10.5" Rear

I am fixing to get the heads ported and polished with a 5 angle valve job, bored out .30 Over. And possibly forged internals at the same time.

Any recommendations on cams ?????
With forged internals, you can easily go with stage 2 or even 3 cams. Although you would have to purchase the valvespring kit for them to work properly. Since you have all the major bolt-ons you can buy and 4.10's, you would definately benefit from stage 2 cams.

If I were in your postion, I would first get a good set of long tubes and a Bullitt intake manifold(for P&P). Your car has almost unlimited potential once the bottom end is done over. Good Luck.
I do not want to change out the intake. I dont see the point in spending $ 800 for an intake that only gives me a few HP.... I was gonna change out the heads with the Patriot Stage II's but was later told by Murrillo MOtorsports that a Port & Polish on the PI Heads would do the same thing with better results than the Patriots. They also told me why not to buy the Bullit Intake b/c I would not be satisfied with the results compared to the price. The long tubes are coming soon. How much of a difference will the headers make ????
Changing out the intake isn't all about HP. In order to see full potential on big cams, there are more things that need to be adressed. The bottom end needs to be forged so you can twist the rpms, the heads need to flow, and the purpose for the intake is to keep on pace with the cams powerband, rpm range and flow of the heads.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Bulldog Stang

I see.. maybe I might get the new intake after all....... Do I have to change out any of the CAI piping as well or does it fit right up to the new intake ???
Old 01-12-2006, 01:26 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I see.. maybe I might get the new intake after all....... Do I have to change out any of the CAI piping as well or does it fit right up to the new intake ???
I went with the Fox Lake Racing P51 intake, it keeps you from losing any low end. Also, I went with JLT CAI when I changed over.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

I went with the Fox Lake Racing P51 intake, it keeps you from losing any low end. Also, I went with JLT CAI when I changed over.

Can thhe P-51 use the same CAI? I know the bullitt calls for a different CAI in some companies.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:42 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Hyper00

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Can thhe P-51 use the same CAI? I know the bullitt calls for a different CAI in some companies.
Not sure, but I doubt it, because the intke is so tall.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:03 AM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

Hey Code,

1st. Did u have ur cams and heads installed or did u do it urself, and if u did have them installed how much did it cost?

2nd. U have Stage 1 heads and Cams from VT right?

3rd. Im pretty sure its already been asked but I want to hear it from u. If i get Stage 1 heads and cams can i use the stock springs and all that bull****.
And would the car have any problems with just that, or would there have to be a bottom end change or something?
Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 03GTGreen

Hey Code,

1st. Did u have ur cams and heads installed or did u do it urself, and if u did have them installed how much did it cost?

2nd. U have Stage 1 heads and Cams from VT right?

3rd. Im pretty sure its already been asked but I want to hear it from u. If i get Stage 1 heads and cams can i use the stock springs and all that bull****.
And would the car have any problems with just that, or would there have to be a bottom end change or something?
My cams are VT custom grinds that are bigger than Stage 2's and smaller than Stage 3's. The heads are VT Stage 2's. I had the complete motor ubuilt by VT. If you do the Stage 1's, you can keep your stock springs. With the Stage 1's you will be fine with your stock bottom end.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 AM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

Do u think a Port and Polish would be just as good as getting Stage 1 heads?
Port and Polish with Stage 1 cams or Stage 1 heads and cams?

Whats ur opinion?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:33 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 03GTGreen

Do u think a Port and Polish would be just as good as getting Stage 1 heads?
Port and Polish with Stage 1 cams or Stage 1 heads and cams?

Whats ur opinion?
Yep, P&P would do well with Stage 1 cams.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Bulldog Stang

What and where is this VT Company located ????

Quick Reply: The end all CAMS thread for 99-04 2V's