4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:19 AM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Default X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT

GT99: It is really not you, you have questions for a technical audience that you would like intelligent replies to. You will get that here.What you have to realize in this forum is about 50% of the replies will be good sound technical information you can use to make intelligent decisions and the other 50% will be fromassholes with nothing better to do than rip people and brag about their cars. Your job is to tell the difference.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:21 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

thansk RJM, your a good guy, i appreciate it
Old 01-16-2004, 01:26 AM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Hi <SPAN class=bold>RJM02GTDrag , </SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=bold></SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=bold>I see that you are a newbie here........do you have a problem?.......</SPAN></P>
Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 AM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

No problem here, I could care less, I was just coaching a guy you called stupid and told to buy a rice burner to filter the information he gets here for things he can use. You sometimes post some really good info on NO2, do that, people would appreciate it.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:00 AM
mabguru
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NO2JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mabguru
When I put my x-pipe on it was one of the first things that I did. Your sound at high rpm's will sound more race car like, but when it comes down its not gonna rumble as much. The reason for this is that its more free flowing. You may feel like you lose some torque also, but it's great at higher speeds. Just my findings at least.
</P>

</P>

Yes, thats the word--RACE LIKE a high RPM's..did you listent to my sound clip MDGURU?</P>

</P>

</P>

Nah I didn't hear it yet. By the way I was very pleased with my x-pipe.</P>
Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

The cheapest way to get hp is not alway the best, &amp; neither is the most expensive (if that matters to you). I believe you can get what you pay for, but you need to know what you want. On your last thread you stated that you would only want to occasionally race from light to light or something to that affect, now you are talking you want the most hp? What I am getting from this is that you want the most bang for your buck? If so, you should have gotten either a Dr. Gas, Bassani, or Magnaflow x-pipe w/highflow cats, because in CA you will need them. Also, you need a decent catback for sound. If you want PERFORMANCE you need a straight throw system like Magnaflow, Bassani, Dynomax, etc.</P>

One thing is for certain you need to tell us EXACTLY what you want from your car in regards to hp/ft-lbs, traction, stablility, &amp; also the budget to are willing to allow for spending on ur Stang. BE SPECIFIC.</P>

Last thing, get a PB, &amp; some NGK-iridiums, as well as a NICE exhaust system, you'll get ur gas mileage back.</P>

Gixxer</P>
Old 01-16-2004, 04:01 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

ok well exactly what i want.... im gonna get the gears, underdrive pulleys, and shortshift kit, and lowering springs and strut tower brace. as for exhaust... i want the sound of it not to be sooooo loud that everyone looks at me but i want it to be louder than stock... somewere inbetween really loud and stock , if that makes sense. as for power gains, from the exhaust i want as much power as i can get from it without spending too much money, on my exhaust system id be looking to spend maybe 300 or 400 MAYBE a little more... because i mean im 18, i pay for everything i do, including my gas, so im trying to save up money to change all these parts , thats why im trying to figure out the least i can spend on my exhaust system too gain the little bit louder than stock sound and better flow for some extra HP and better gas milage.. im not talking about 25hp from the ehaust..i know i wont get that unless i spend a lot on it, im talking maybe 10-15HP if i can get that from spending 300 or 400 bucks... if not then i guess ill have to figure something out about it... maybe ill just end up getting the flowmasters for sound and thats it, but if i can do what i want for 3-400 bucks, then i will , know what i mean, so thats my deal ... after i figure this out i prob wont ask as many wierd questions because ill be busy trying to get all the new parts i want.. so ya... thanks for the help everyone and sorry if i bother any of u with my questions... ill try to do less of that..</P>

thanks</P>
Old 01-16-2004, 05:57 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

and one more thing.... GSXR.... what exactly is a PB &amp; what are NGK-iridiums. Also where could i get them and around how much do they cost... thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 12:28 PM
piston
2nd Gear Member

I installed bbkshorties and an O/R xpipe but have yet to install my catback. Changing the factory hpipe to a catless x more than doubled my exhaust tone.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:26 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT99GT
and one more thing.... GSXR.... what exactly is a PB &amp; what are NGK-iridiums. Also where could i get them and around how much do they cost... thanks
</P>

A Plasma Booster is a little black box that is amodification that has a crowd that buy it, &amp; a crowd that sees it as useless. What it does is it helps increase spark discharge. You may get 1 or 2rwhp from this &amp; it cost $299 from http://www.ignitionsolutions.com/. The problem w/this modification is for the price you are not getting a good deal of hp at all. No bang for buck here. What you are getting when coupled with NGK-iridium SPARK PLUGS (about $16 a hit..ouch...hope you know someone like I do. I only paid $6ea.) is BETTER GAS mileage, as well as say 3rwhp &amp; a smoother revving engine.</P>

Our COP ignition is VERY good in our GT's, so this is only a slight improvement. Again debatable on how effective for some, but you'll notice adecent SOP difference w/them.</P>

As for exhaust, Magnaflow is pretty quiet at idle, but when you romp on it, it gets loud! Had mine shipped to my door for $330 from www.fulllinexhaust.com. Doesn't sound quiet as good as Flowmaster, but the performance gain is substantal compared to them.</P>

Quick Reply: X pipe (no cats) with STOCK GT