4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiq

I just installed my American Thunder catback (flowmaster 40s) and I fuking LOVE the sound. The drone is not even bad....people love to exagerate it seems. And the sound it does make while cruising...I LIKE IT, lol. But then again I never do long long freeway driving, i do 99.9% around town driving. Anyway, I love my Flowmaster American Thunder and cant wait to get my MRT catted H pipe to go with it!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:55 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiq

ive herd a mustang that has that set up...solunds really good.. but...i donno im still sold on the SLPs
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 PM
vinson581
1st Gear Member

i just finished installing my LM1's a couple days ago and my inital impression, after hearing flowmasters is how much more refined and better they sound. it sounds like a much more sturdy system, and when revved they scream authority. WOT is loud but w/e it can deal with it and love it, idle is quite quiet, and in 5th doing about 70-80 it sounds like stock which i love because on long rides ik loud systems get annoying....

exhaust IS preference, and opinion, what sounds good to one doesnt sound good to another...its kinda like ford vs. chevy. im planning on going with either BBK or Bassiani long tubes with a SLP catted X pipe, just to make sure i have good flow before the Kenne Bell.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

ORIGINAL: Wick001

I just spent the last few hours listening to each and every one of the sound clips on Mustang Exhaust, Put File, This Forum, all over the net, anything I could find. I can honestly say this now for anybody looking to put exhaust on your car.

SLP Loudmouths, Magnaflow MagnaPacks, Borla Stingers, anything with a round resonator type is going to be louder than hell, raspy in most cases, not very deep, refined, powerful sounding at all. They are just EXTREMELY aggressive, mean, raspy, and sounds like they belong on a drag strip. It seems to me like a lot of you guys on here love that sound, but now I know it’s not for me at all.

I like the more Deep Rumble, Refined, Powerful loud, than the drag car sound. So anyone one on here looking for exhaust just know that if you don’t want your car TO THE EXTREME OF LOUD, do not buy those systems…

I was not impressed at all with Magnaflows’ line of mufflers or systems, they sound hollow, no character or rumble, IMO- don’t buy a magnaflow chambered muffler, they did not sound That much different than stock… DynoMax was the same for me, their Loud UltraFlow muffler just got back to that Raspy sound again…

Borlas’ line of mufflers are a little better, They give you that refined sound, not to loud, but louder than stock, IMO- They sounded the 3rd best to me. Just give them a listen if you’re into Borla…

I was very impressed with Hookers’ AeroChamber Mufflers, Great sound, Deep Rumble… You should check those out…

There are many other Mufflers on the market, Pypes, Cherry Bombs, Whatever Etc…

But in all honesty, after much research for days… In my opinion, Nothing, (Before I get killed for it by some people listen…) Nothing sounds better than FlowMasters… I’ve got to say that they know how to make it sound Gooooooooooooood…. Exactly what I’m looking for… They have the Deepest, Most Refined Rumble and Powerful (not Aggressive and crazy loudness) sound that I have heard. The Flowmaster 10’s sounded amazing with stock everything, The 40’s Sound Amazing stock, add a mid pipe and your set. For me and all the cars I’ve owned ( over 15 in the last 3 years ) I am confident in saying that with a very small amount of extras (if any), if your not happy with the loudness of the 40’s or even the 10’s, a cheap mid pipe will make you tickled pink …

So there ya go, my 2 cents haha

-Peace
Magnaflow doesn't make a chambered muffler do they???

I will have to make a vid here in a few days of my exaust, its pretty deep.

Heres a clip of me racing a LS1 with sound on it. All of the sound in the vid is mine:

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....F-629C2D2957FE
Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Times2 if you just installed them, wait until they truely break in... and then see. People do exaggerate things, but depending on your setup they are going to start droning like hell... But if you like it, thats cool. Everyone has their things =) I hope I can get my LM1's on soon!!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

i dunno guys, i definatly dont want to diss the flowmasters, but this video has me sold on the LM1's

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....7-B00D1D480848

If thats how it sounds with stock everything... then this is definatly the system for me... Its pretty quiet at idle, sounds excellent revving, and knocks your socks off at the top end, thats awesome...

So if that is how the LM1's sound withe everything else stock, I'm sold
Old 02-02-2006, 01:47 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Flows with an o/r h for the win.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

wick...you said you were 90% sure you were going with the flowmaster 10 series. then you said you ordered the LMII's. now you made a post about the LMI's. lol im confused. have you made a decision yet?

i really like the sound of the 1 chamber flowmaster...the 10 series. i wish i could hear LMII with O/R H..but there arent any clips.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 AM
pete1665
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

ORIGINAL: Wick001

I was not impressed at all with Magnaflows’ line of mufflers or systems, they sound hollow, no character or rumble, IMO- don’t buy a magnaflow chambered muffler, they did not sound That much different than stock… DynoMax was the same for me, their Loud UltraFlow muffler just got back to that Raspy sound again…
come listen to my magnaflows w/ h-pipe in person and THEN tell me theres no rumble...
Old 02-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

wick...you said you were 90% sure you were going with the flowmaster 10 series. then you said you ordered the LMII's. now you made a post about the LMI's. lol im confused. have you made a decision yet?

i really like the sound of the 1 chamber flowmaster...the 10 series. i wish i could hear LMII with O/R H..but there arent any clips.
lol, no i havent made up my mind, there are some clips though of the LMII's stock, and with O/R Pipes.. here ya go...

stock LMII's

http://www.only-here.net/oldexhaust.wmv

With with BBK ceramic long tubes, BBK catted H, and SLP LMII's

http://www.only-here.net/exhaust.wmv

Quick Reply: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.