4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

????????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default ????????????

Hello to everyone. I've just purchased a 2003 Gt with the 5 speed transmission. I love it. Can anyone please tell me what is the stock 1/4 mile and 0-60 time is for my car. I saw on some posts that the 99 went 14.1 but the 04 does 14.8. Isn't that kinda slow for a GT (14.8)? I want to add mods to my car this month. The first modis going to be the CAI system.Which is better K&N or BBK? One last question. Since my car is stock it sounds really quiet, to quiet! I want to either by mufflers or the catback exhuast. If I only buy the mufflers how much HP will that add to my car? I heard that the Flowmaster 40 series sounds the best, is that true? Thanks and any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ????????????

Save your money on the CAI it does nothing at all for performance. Remove the silencer and drop in a K&N filter. If you can wait till you have the money get a catback instead of just mufflers. You will eventually get a cat back no matter what. Yes 14.5 -14.8 is normal for a stock GT.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ????????????

There is no difference in the average quarter mile between the 99 and 04. Either will net you anywhere from 13.9 to 14.6ish, depending on track condition, elevation, and driver skill.

I don't know what the 0-60 is.

There is very little difference in CAI's. You'll be lucky to see 5 hp from either.

For sound, go with a full catback. Again, do this for sound, as you won't see much of a hp increase with a catback- though IMO it is a very necessary mod.