4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Recieved Damaged LT's W()()T UPS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default Recieved Damaged LT's W()()T UPS

so the story goes i order my BBK LT's from a place down in texas, ive ordered there before no problems. since it was around the holidays shipping was expensive and NDA was $150 or so for all of my items so i decided to go for GND well. come the beginning of the week my packages make it out the door, whoopy im happy they are on their way =D ok so 2 of my packages get held in texas probably for others to make it through for a week or so while the other *my headers are on their way north to WA *where i live* to be delivered on time.....ha... ok so the package makes it all the way to my state from colorado alllll the way to Redmond WA and then are sent to Oregon... i didnt find this out until the package was in oregon and UPS updated the package online, meanwhile my 2 other packages were sitting in Texas and they finally star their treck up to the GREAT NW so im happy once again and pissed off my other package was sent down to oregon only to have been sent to its original UPS recieving center in texas... oh great. so my TB/Plenum and O/R H pipe make it here on X-mas Eve YAY only to have my headers alll the way down in texas. Nice Loop U P S im pretty sure they wasted more than the $50 i paid for shipping in gas but to end it all they got it outta me... it is 1/7/08 and i finally recieved my headers... only to have the box torn up to ****, a flange bent to ****, and missing a good portion of the installation hardware.

heres some pictures...

Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Default RE: Recieved Damaged LT's W()()T UPS

i would be so pissed.....goodluck getting it straightened out!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
bigmoose15
2nd Gear Member

looks like it was damaged and retaped by the shipping company. bbk should take care of that for you.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

yeah also on another note, i figured out my step dad didnt sign for the package, the UPS man just dropped the **** off, so its all on UPS
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

yeah also on another note, i figured out my step dad didn't sign for the package, the UPS man just dropped the **** off, so its all on UPS
[/align][/align]Unless the shipper requested a signature on delivery UPS does not need one to transfer custody of the package. [/align][/align]The good news is that you've already done the first step right--pictures, Pictures, PICTURES--but next time refuse delivery of any package smashed up that badly and ask that a UPS rep be present when it's opened.[/align][/align]Ifthe vendoris willing to send another set (maybe with a deposit), credit you when they get the damaged set back (and trustworthy enough to do this), then that will be the fastest way. [/align][/align]UPS will dick around for 4 to 6 weeks before you'll see a penny from them, and if the package wasn't insured they'll only pay $100. [/align][/align]If it was not insured than consider banging out the flange (actually you wouldn't even have to, it will bend back and seal up when the joint is torqued up), and seeing if the vendor orBBK will replace the missing hardware (worst case go to Ace Hardware and buy it). In the long run it will be less hassle than dealing with UPS...[/align]
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

it's all UPS. I wouldn't even bother bugging BBK about it. Maybe just let them know for their sake, but they might not be able to do a whole hell of a lot. Get at UPS about it, and they are responsible. Shouldn't take too much effort, but definately get at them ASAP>
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

im not sure if it was insurred but still it was in UPS's hands for almost a month and thats a $400 set of headers. no one was here to refuse the package but if i was i would have, i workin in a parts warehouse myself and have refused **** like this before.

EDIT: by the way i ordered these from Latemodel Restoration or otherwise known was 50resto.com ive ordered from them many times and have never had problems. i know this package wasnt their doing and i decided to keep their name out originally to not point fingers, i did e-mail them about the issue in hope for their cooperation to go after UPS.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

I would call the place that you ordered them from and let them deal with UPS. They have to anyways since they are the ones that paid and shipped with UPS. Call the place up and they should be able to have UPS go to your house and pick them up no problems. See if they can send you out another set right away. If not, see if they can charge your credit card and then reimburse you when they get the headers back? Just make sure you get the claim number so you can have proof you sent them back.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

thats ups same thing happened with my cold air intake!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Lefty
2nd Gear Member

i worked for UPS and i know exactly what happened, you got some sh*it head employee workin for 8.50/hr in a trailer loading 2000 packages in 4 hours and he misloaded it in the wrong trailer and they dropped it......re-taped it etc. I would call BBK and have them deal with UPS, they prob ship a lot with them and have their stuff insured, so if you got your parts damaged you should get new ones. also since your stuff came late it should automatically be free so you should get your money back for that.

Quick Reply: Recieved Damaged LT's W()()T UPS