4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

FUEL PUMP NEED HELP NOW.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FUEL PUMP NEED HELP NOW.

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

ORIGINAL: 1sloblckgt

If the RACER WALSH pump is upgraded and it only flows 170lph.... what the crap is mine flowing at now??? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
88 lph is the stock rate

Oh.. We'll I just talked to the local autoparts store and she said that they carry an 02 SVT focus pump that flows 45-55 gallons per hour. Not sure if it will fit though. Do you know what year SVT pump I need to get lizzy??? Can it be picked up at the ford dealership??
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

If the RACER WALSH pump is upgraded and it only flows 170lph.... what the crap is mine flowing at now??? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
88 lph is the stock rate

Oh.. We'll I just talked to the local autoparts store and she said that they carry an 02 SVT focus pump that flows 45-55 gallons per hour. Not sure if it will fit though. Do you know what year SVT pump I need to get lizzy??? Can it be picked up at the ford dealership??
The biggest Focus pump is 190 LPH I believe (not 100%) and you have to take it out of it's housing to install in the tank and it will work in a return style system. I did not go this route because I wanted a bigger pump that's why I went the way of the 97 setup
Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

http://www.speedconcepts.net/product...roducts_id=687

They claim 255lph on the focus pump.
Isn't that a lawsuit waiting to happen?
Is 190lph going to be enought to support the "PI swap" (stage 2 heads and cams) and a 100 shot on my car?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

One last thing..... This is the Vortech Pumpand it also claims 255lph. Does it really flow 255 or is that another false advertisement?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

One last thing..... This is the Vortech Pumpand it also claims 255lph. Does it really flow 255 or is that another false advertisement?
It should but the problem is it's for a returnless style setup so yes, advertising it's for a 98 up is false
Old 07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

Wait.. the vortech pump is returnless style??
Old 07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

We'll that would be great if I had 97 junk piece that could be my donor. It would be even better if I could get a hold on a pump by tommorrow. By the way.... Haney Motorsports is the company that told me over and over again that the pump would work and that it would drop right in. I can't tell you how many times I asked that question. They said it was a typo on the website for listing 96-97.

Whoa....wait a minute here. Are you the one that kept calling every couple of days about the Focus pump?! You wanted an upgraded pump that you could drop right in. I told you not to use the Focus pump and that we could get you another pump, BUT it WILL NOT be a direct drop in. You will have to do some mods. You said, did not want to do any of that. So, you went on your way. Also, we do not even have any pumps on our site listed for any stang under 1999! If this was not you, sorry!

Casey
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

I'm sorry, but no.. I called you maybe twice.
This was not me, and I WAS TOLD that it would be a DIRECT drop in.
Either way, I will be calling you shortly to figure out how to go about getting a refund on this pump.

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

No worries. That is why I said if not you, sorry!! If you do have a problem with the one you have, please call us. I do not know who you are, but we will take care of any issue you have. We want to make sure are customers are happy. We are not out to screw anyone!!

Thanks

Casey
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

focus pump WILL NOT WORK in a 98gt.... 98s have return fuel setups.. focus pump is not a return pump.. it would most likely burn out pretty quick as it was not meant to flow a constant amount of fuel the entire time its on.

Quick Reply: FUEL PUMP NEED HELP NOW.