4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

thinking of going to MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member

Question thinking of going to MPH

ive been thinking about going to modular powerhouse to get my car dyno tuned and wanted to get some opinions.

back when i was actively working on my car i had it dynoed at a FFW event. it dynoed at about 230 something if i remember correctly. this was with a few bolt ons and a superchip programmed by JDM engineering.... (nothing but issues with them) ill save that fiasco for another thread.

i dont think the chip they programmed for me was ever really programmed correctly.

so, my question is this, do you think it would be worth it for me to take my car to MPH to have it dyno tuned by them to get the max possible power out of my car while not killing gas mileage? or do you think what i had dynoed at before is fairly accurate and i should save my money for when i really mod my engine?

has anyone heard of these guys or have gotten their cars tuned by them? from what their website says, it would be about 500 for a dyno tune w/ chip/flasher.

current bolt ons:
K&N, bassani o/r X, 40 series flows, superchip (whatever is on it)
Old 10-05-2008, 06:16 PM
SUP3RSTANG
3rd Gear Member

not with your mods... MPH charges a SH!TLOAD from what i hear
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

ashtondiff....MPH is a first class joint. You will not find anyone better at what they do. Although, as sup3rstang mentioned, they do charge for their expertise. Having said that, wait until you get a few more mods onto the car that will make the trip to MPH worth it and Tim and the bunch will hook you up.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

I live just down the street from their old shop. I don't really have a place to work on my car, so I took it to them to install my x-pipe. I think they only charged $80 - $100 for the work, but that was reasonable and like I said...I don't have much space to work.

The shop had all sorts of badass stangs in the lot and I have seen several around town that have had extensive work done with them. My brother had a 5.0 that had a great deal of work done at Pro Speed....which if my information is right, joined with MPH when they made thier move.

Their prices do seem a bit expensive; however, they are legit outfit. When I finally get to the point of needing a tune I will most likely be going to them.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member

sounds like theyre the place to go. i think i will head their way when i eventually throw in a larger motor. thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

doing cobra R replica m0t0r t00?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member

doing cobra R REAL motor

no, hopefully ill throw in a 5.0 cammer crate engine. i love the duals.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
ashtondiff
2nd Gear Member

looooooovvee iiiiiiiiitttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

mph does great work, my tune was spot on and couldn't be happier with the service. It is in the middle of nowhere now though so youll be bored waiting lol
Old 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

they were they only ones who could find out what was wrong with my fpdm and fuel system a few months ago. 2 different ford stealerships told me i was SOL after nearly a week at each one cause they couldnt figure it out but MPH had it fixed within 3 hours and it only cost me $275. i couldnt be happier and i'm more than willing to spend a lil extra cash with people that actually KNOW the cars.

+1000000 on lots of mustangs around here being tuned and worked on by MPH

Quick Reply: thinking of going to MPH