4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Just about lost my car this morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Default Just about lost my car this morning

As I was sleeping last night, someone attempted to steal my car by prying the passenger side window away to unlock the door. Luckily, they didn't get the car, but they did leave me with two broken side windows and a huge mess to clean up inside the car.

I wanted to post this to remind everyone to never be too careful, and to keep a close eye on things no matter how secure they seem to be. You never know when some lowlife thief might decide to target your pride and joy.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:00 AM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

wow that's a crappy situation to wake up to. But atleast they didn't get the car. It would have been worse if your car was gone. Are you claiming this on your insurance? And get those windows bagged up before any rain comes by.

good luck with everything.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

That sucks. I had almost the same situation except I got screwed. Was watching an Eagles game at the bar near me and came out when I went to go leave. My passenger side window smashed and the girl I was with, her purse was stolen out of the car, and she claimed it wasn't in a spot where you could see it. Oh yeah it was on a rainy night too. You could tell they were trying to pry it open because I have marks on the car from where they tried to pry it open and scratches on the door from where the glass hit it.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Houghtown
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad they didn't get the car. That does suck though about the windows. Call the insurance and get it fixed asap.

Same thing happened to me. The thief busted out the window and ended up not taking anything. There wasn't anything in the damn car to steal. The glove box was open and my crap was everywhere but he didn't get anything. Luckily it was in a mall parking lot and they got him on camera and went to jail.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 AM
CAMDUP
3rd Gear Member

that sux bro ....get a hold of your agent ASAP.....and good luck,i hope it works out for ya
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Hell call the police and have them dust for fingerprints or something. Man that really sucks.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

My deductable is $500, so I doubt I will bring my insurance into this. I mostly made this thread to remind you folks to be extra careful, because I don't want to see this happen to someone else. What makes people feel entitled to (or to damage) the property of another is undoubtedly something of a ridiculous notion.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
Hell call the police and have them dust for fingerprints or something. Man that really sucks.
I looked it over for fingerprints in any spot where one might not normally touch the car, and there's nothing (being a police cadet in high school lends to some handy skills). In spots that are often touched, there would be no useful prints. They were smart enough to cover their @$$es, but not quite enough to get away with the car, thankfully.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Skeetdog
1st Gear Member

I guess its time too get an aftermarket alarm system.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Mine was in valet mode and I forgot to switch it back... how convenient, huh?

Quick Reply: Just about lost my car this morning