4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

bassani etc really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Default bassani etc really worth it?

companies like Bassani and Corsa etc that sell full cat back or even full exhaust systems. are they really worth the price you pay for them?

i had a place near me put on full 2.5" piping after my stock 2 front cats with 2 x pipes on my 95 Mark 8 for $250.

what is the point to pay $600+ for these kinds of systems? other than maybe the mandrel bends.... what does a Bassani system gain you over some custom exhaust shop that does really good work?

which i then ask, what stops people from getting their hands on a Bassani/Corsa system and mocking it up to have a shop mimic it and saving a good amount of monay?

always curious about this and how people spend so much on setups
when you could peice them together with highflow cats and mufflers(if desired) and have them custom piped on?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

No there not.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

Bassani looked really quality..i really wanted to buy one..it was a good looking piece..but i couldnt do it. They sound like ***.
Just buy some cheap chambered muffler kit and call it a day...its what makes a mustang a mustang imho
Old 10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

They are definantly not worth those prices imo! Case in point: My SSS cat back is 304 mirror polished stainless steel. The sound and quality is every bit as good as say Borla, but literally half the price. Companies like Borla and Basssani make great products, but are nowhere near worth their price imo. You are paying for a name at this point.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

im glad im not the only one thinking this way lol. i see people on here asking what to buy for kits, and i dont know why you dont just peice it together and save money, because then you still have to get it shipped (if its not free)

i have and always will shop and shop until i find cheap prices then order parts and save the money. unless you are building a showcar, i dont even care for the mirror like finish on them lol

im just looking for more of performance gains than the sound department, even at that you wont gain alot from just an exhaust on a stock car (which is where im at)

its like anything else, you wont see much from just exhaust unless you do things in pairs, in this case doing an intake as well and or heads. but from any car i have put just exhaust on i havent gotten more out of it than MAYBE couple MPG and noise lol

Last edited by smitty2919; 10-13-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

so are you guys referring to the SS systems? i agree that the prices on those is pretty ridiculous. i love the bassani sound on a cobra though. have a catback in the mail actually.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
so are you guys referring to the SS systems? i agree that the prices on those is pretty ridiculous. i love the bassani sound on a cobra though. have a catback in the mail actually.
Is this going to be your first mod?

I recently switched out my borla stinger catback for a steeda catback.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Is this going to be your first mod?

I recently switched out my borla stinger catback for a steeda catback.
pretty much. theres a few tiny things here and there, but nothing solid. i had the money laying around for awhile just in case something broke, but the cold weather is coming fast so i figured what the hell. how do you like the steeda catback to the stingers?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
pretty much. theres a few tiny things here and there, but nothing solid. i had the money laying around for awhile just in case something broke, but the cold weather is coming fast so i figured what the hell. how do you like the steeda catback to the stingers?
Nice! Did you go with the bx or ss system?

I really like the steeda catback. I went with an o/r x with my longtubes and the stingers just sound like crap with an o/r x so I switched to the steeda catback. Its pretty quiet and tame at idle and cruise but has a deep scream at wot. Im not 100% sold on it yet thou and I may switch to something else come spring.

Last edited by Mustang3GT07; 10-13-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:26 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I bought my Borla Stingers back far enough before they really really jacked the prices.

I know back in the Spring of '05 520 for a catback was a lot, but compared to nearly 800 or so now, I think I did pretty well.

Personally, I think it was worth it to me, and it still would be if you REALLY like the sound 'X' brand catback makes.

You can't really just piece together a catback and get a different sound. It's about the different mufflers, and if you like the way a certian brand, Borla, Bassanni, Corsa sound, then there's not really any other way to do it than to buy their mufflers or catback system.

*shrugs*

My two cents anyways...

Quick Reply: bassani etc really worth it?