4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Hey! new here just bought a mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey! new here just bought a mustang!

So i registered at another mustang site, but the other one was very inactive and non-informative and very cluttered. So i googled "mustang forum" and here i am. I must say these forums have tons of information!

I just picked up a 2000 mustang from a dealership today for 3500$. Thats including all the dealership "fees" and state taxes. My mustang has 119,000 miles and is a a v6, but it has a standard tranny and a nice red color! Cosmetic wise the car has about 7000$ worth of hail damage on the roof and the paint, well its in "okay" condition! But mechanically i have almost nothing to repair and it drives strong! A diamond in the rough!

Anyways, heres what it looks like:

Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 PM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

lets start off with a congrats on the new car. the mach 1 rims look good on that color, is this your first stang?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 AM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! Were these rims stock to the car? Or did the previous owner put them on? I wasn't aware that they were off a mach 1. This is my first mustang, previously i had two front wheel imports and i got fed up spending money on sensors and overpriced parts.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

Yeah those rims are from a mach 1 they should be 17s, v6 pony rims could have been 15 or 16s I believe. Dont worry much about overpriced parts, they arent any cheaper for the stang world. I often get jealous of my honda/toyota buddies. They can get parts pretty cheap, I have almost double any part on a 4 banger. Remeber they buy one aftermarket head, any stang will need to buy two..

And just for future reference I didnt want to be a *** earlier, you posted in the wrong section lol. This forum has a spot for v6 specific stangs, alot of good info in there, also check out 3.8mustang.com thats a v6 specific site with awesome info, Alot of people on there are also here

If you need suggestions on anything First thing I would say is drop that beast. Some nice Lowering springs and shock/strut combo would make the car's stance 1000x better
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

sharp looking car! love the rims.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 AM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

It's got all the modifications i need for now, just a nice sounding exhaust thats not to aggressive and some nice factory looking wheels.

I mostly got it for a kind of sporty daily driver, but i can save some gas too! Honestly it has so many dents on roof from hail i dont think its worth dropping. Ill save that for a v8 mustang! I just need to invest possibly in a new clutch eventually and some minor maintenance; its pretty much the reason i joined. But minor modifications might be around the corner. Ive been thinking about putting on a GT hood so i can have a real hood scoop, the fake one looks kinda cheesy if you ask me.

Are there any stickies here that show how to do some other harder maintenance so i don't have to pay a fortune to some mechanic? Or an all inclusive maintenance thread?

Last edited by itsdaveonline; 12-19-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:56 AM
CobraCurt
2nd Gear Member

welcome
Old 12-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! Nice looking car - I too like the Mach 1 rims...
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

The gt scoop is fake too I believe.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

gt scoop is 100% fake. it just looks a little nicer than the other hood. and btw not all GT's even come with the scoops.

not a bad pickup for 3500 bucks man. definately a nice DD car.

if you checks some of the stickies in the 4.6, v6, or general info section (i forget where) and moddedmustangs.com theres stickies for how to change oil, tranny/differential fluid, spark plugs, etc... theres writeups floating around for how to do pretty much anything. use the search button first but if you cant find what your looking for just post someone will have the writeup your looking for saved somewhere.

Quick Reply: Hey! new here just bought a mustang!