4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
snowdevil2002

Default ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo

ok guys i need a little help and from threads iv been reading i think we got some pretty knowlegable people here in this thread i would like some posts on 2 different mail order tunners iv been thinkin about getting first being the SCT

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=15681

and secondly being the Diablo Sport preditor

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=16386

i would like some distinction on the vantages and disadvantages of both tunners and which 1 if any rank above the other and i havn't found any threads on here that really distinguish the 2 if any1 knows of any i would appriciate you redirecting me to that thread i just bout my first mustang lately and commin off on a 4cyl turbo to a v8 is quite exciting specialy since i got a reall nice deal on the car so these are the 2 of the tuners im concidering i like sct cuz of the 2 step and it seems like it has more features but i dont really know much about ether compay so any input is helpfull THX
Old 12-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Haney Motorsports and buy the Delta Force
Old 12-21-2009, 01:04 AM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Sooner or later you're going to want to do a major upgrade of some type that's going to need professional tuning. If you're comfortable with tuning, sure, get the Sniper Delta Force program. If not, find out what the shop that's going to be tuning the car runs. I can tell you most shops here in south jersey run SCT software.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:00 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Haney Motorsports and buy the Delta Force

^^ What he said! Talk to Casey. He will hook you up.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:47 AM
NinjaMonky
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ddmsgtr1
Sooner or later you're going to want to do a major upgrade of some type that's going to need professional tuning. If you're comfortable with tuning, sure, get the Sniper Delta Force program. If not, find out what the shop that's going to be tuning the car runs. I can tell you most shops here in south jersey run SCT software.
^ wht he said, unless your tuning it yourself... I find most shops use sct but if you really want a diablo tuner hit me up I'll sell ya mine.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:28 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

SCT

/Thread

I know that sniper is awesome stuff but the fact of the matter is most people dont know how to tune their cars and would probably mess something up real bad by tuning themselves. So i would usually recommend something that an idiot can use and then have a professional do anything else with pro tuning software. But sniper is some pretty nice ****. If i had any clue on what i was doing, i'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

If you are planning on paying for a dyno tune, then buy the tuner the shop you desire to go to uses. For instance my local shop uses diablo/sct, but Anderson(maker of power pipe) is some what near me and they specialize in Diablo.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Diablo is FTL
Old 12-21-2009, 02:56 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Diablo is FTL
Why? I never thought a whole lot of it, but my mustang is tuned with it and have not had any problems. Please elaborate.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

My car was tuned with a Diablo chip, and I've done some road monitoring with a Predator hand held. No complaints.. but I also haven't done a lot with the hand held on.. so I might not know what I'm missing.

Quick Reply: ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo