4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

How much...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 AM
nepopolus

picked mine up from a honda dealer for 8k with 36k miles.....after some talk that is. Bone stock apart from flomaster 40's. I would try to get a little off the price of the one you posted,but if you cant i gotta say i would probably still buy it. You will love this color in the sunlight,but as a couple others have said it is a pain to keep clean. GL with the purchase

as for the brake upgrade, the shot's are too far away for me to tell, but unless he just painted his caliper's red those can very easily be bullit brakes.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Well, as I said, I'm in NO hurry. I am gonna drive over there look at it, and offer him 8500 at most. If not, then I will walk away. It has slotted and cross drilled front rotors, but I can't see if the calipers are just painted or upgraded. The problem with this is, the car is 150 miles away. Of course I am going to look at it, get it checked out and make sure nothin is wrong with it. but I think it may need new tires, by looking at the picture, that is a major problem being that it has 10.5s on the rear, and tires are very expensive. If the tires are bald, or close to it, then Its a no on this one, unless he goes way down in price. Of course, i must sell my sixxer before I do anything. Also, i called the insurance and got a quote, they said it would be almost the same, is this right? I would of thought going from a V6 to a Gt it would be alot more.

Im not worried about keeping it clean, because mine stays perfect wash it as least once a week and wax it at elast once a month, and it stays garaged. I wash and wax cars on the side, and I'm very good at cleaning and upkeep if I do say so myself. Looking at how my car came, a little dull paint, and now, its an amazing difference.

Nepo, thats a beautiful car. And for 8k you got one hell of a deal!

Last edited by MustangLouver; 01-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
nepopolus

quite a trip you have planned ahead, as for the insurance it is a little higher( for me anyway i am 21) but only by like 100$ a year compared to a v6.Have you found any other true blues in a good price range?or is this the only one atm? I would help you look but coming too Illinois may be a little far for ya lol
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nepopolus
quite a trip you have planned ahead, as for the insurance it is a little higher( for me anyway i am 21) but only by like 100$ a year compared to a v6.Have you found any other true blues in a good price range?or is this the only one atm? I would help you look but coming too Illinois may be a little far for ya lol
I have found quite a few for under 10 grand. I am prepared to walk away without the car if it doesn't feel right, because I want a car I can keep through college and not have to worry about.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 AM
nepopolus

i envy for patience when buying a car, i get so antsy when looking for one i always tend too hop on the first chance i get.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 AM
iMTB
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
Since both my buddys have TT GTs, this will most likely end up being a twin turbo'd car.
WRONG ANSWER

Can I get some help with this one guys? We need to let him know early that he needs to ditch the GT plans and just buy a 4v to begin with if he plans on trying to make big power. The 2v is a money pit that has no where near the bang for the buck of the 4v.

I absolutely LOVE my GT but if I could go back in time to when I was shopping for it, I would definately wait and get a clean 4v car instead.

4v > 2v
4v >> Bolt-on 2v
Bolt-on 4v >> Built 2v
T4v >>> T2v
TT4v >>>>>>>>> TT2v

Give Blacks and call and tell them exactly what you're looking for and they will help you find it. With the economy down they've reformed their inventory to keep business going, but their real business is still selling Mustangs and they do it well.
407-830-8801
www.blacksautomotive.com
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by iMTB
WRONG ANSWER

Can I get some help with this one guys? We need to let him know early that he needs to ditch the GT plans and just buy a 4v to begin with if he plans on trying to make big power. The 2v is a money pit that has no where near the bang for the buck of the 4v.

I absolutely LOVE my GT but if I could go back in time to when I was shopping for it, I would definately wait and get a clean 4v car instead.

4v > 2v
4v >> Bolt-on 2v
Bolt-on 4v >> Built 2v
T4v >>> T2v
TT4v >>>>>>>>> TT2v

Give Blacks and call and tell them exactly what you're looking for and they will help you find it. With the economy down they've reformed their inventory to keep business going, but their real business is still selling Mustangs and they do it well.
407-830-8801
www.blacksautomotive.com
Not necessarily. IMO it depends on whether he ever would actually get the 4v heads ported or vice versa... getting the GT heads ported.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM
nepopolus

i would mostly agree with the statement BUT he may actually perfer the look of a gt over a cobra. Not to mention you will be destroying most cars on the road having a TT mustang of any kind. I originally was looking at a 03 red 10th anny cobra when i purchased my gt, buuut the creditors wanted me too put 4k more down on top of my 6k i already had, so instead i just used the money i had and saved for 1 more month to buy my gt outright.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iMTB
WRONG ANSWER

4v > 2v
4v >> Bolt-on 2v
Bolt-on 4v >> Built 2v
T4v >>> T2v
TT4v >>>>>>>>> TT2v

407-830-8801
www.blacksautomotive.com
I personally would prefer a TT GT over a cobra. Because it shows the work I will have done, and its more unique. Its also surprising when you pull up beside a GT that looks stock, and they punch it and you hear those turbos scream. Its more of a person like for the sleeper. And I can not afford a cobra right now, and true blue, stock looking GT is my dream car.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I LOVE THAT CAR!!! So sexy...looks almost like what mine does. Same front bumper, and those are 18" wheels so they are 18x10's on the back. Those brakes look upgraded to me as they fill up the front wheels way better than mine do and mine are stock with 18" wheels. So i think that they are cobra/bullitt brakes with cross drilled/slotted rotors...which is like $1500 retail. That alone is a very nice plus to the car. Its lowered already so thats more money you wouldnt have to put into the car. windows tinted is nice...if youre into that. You could buy that car, swap wheels, and then sell your car with the bald/old tires on the car when it goes(plus that car would just look **** with the chrome 18" cobra replicas...take it from me ). I myself would probably pay up to $9K for that car. But definitely lowball first at like 8 and then work from there. That car is definitely nice though. Post a link to the page where the pics came from. I'd like to see the add.

Quick Reply: How much...