4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

sss terminator mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:11 PM
green2000gt
2nd Gear Member

I have emailed 3 times and gotten no response, this is very frustrating!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

^^^^^ They are probably busy fixing all the hangars, READ BELOW:

Well, I ordered the terminator from Cruizin concepts a couple of days ago, so I decided to check on the order. They told me that the hangars were put on wrong for the 2005+ mustang and they had to send them all back.... About 2 weeks before they get them back. Needless to say I canceled the order.

I'll say this, they had the best sound. And that's my judgement from you-tube videos. Any one know of any other exhaust that sounds similar?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
^^^^^ They are probably busy fixing all the hangars, READ BELOW:

Well, I ordered the terminator from Cruizin concepts a couple of days ago, so I decided to check on the order. They told me that the hangars were put on wrong for the 2005+ mustang and they had to send them all back.... About 2 weeks before they get them back. Needless to say I canceled the order.

I'll say this, they had the best sound. And that's my judgement from you-tube videos. Any one know of any other exhaust that sounds similar?
Imagine that, a quality issue from SSS....hmmmm....

Get your self an SLP LoudMouth 1 series cat back, you will love it.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea if i can't get that ill be lookin magnapack or lm1
Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

mustangman with your catted setup, LM1's would sound BADASS!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
Imagine that, a quality issue from SSS....hmmmm....

Get your self an SLP LoudMouth 1 series cat back, you will love it.
I am just curious how much of a sound diff. between lm1 and lm2 with stock H
Old 05-21-2010, 01:54 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Devongarver, I don't mean to discredit your opinion, because you're entitled to it and is credible, or your well written email, but I want to see numbers. One email isn't enough for me to count out SSS, although I agree it was poorly articulated. We all know that every consumer in the world goes through a situation in which a part they purchased came defective or became defective; it happens. What would sell me or doesn't is the numbers that demonstrates consumer satisfaction and consumer dissatisfaction with the performance of the product and longevity in a chart or whatever(I'm thinking people whose had the SSS exhaust for several years). Customer service is a whole nother situation aside from the performance of the product. On the other hand, people live by customer service on whether or not they purchase whatever. I don't.

Last edited by nascrchi; 05-21-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Well, I think that is normally something to look to the BBB ratings for,...however after searching, SLP had a B+, but only because there wasn't enough information received by BBB from SLP....

SSS didn't even exist in the registry...so that wasn't any help.

I don't know, I suppose customer service isn't the NUMBER ONE priority, but damn't it better be atleast number 2! Product quality should be first and foremost of course...but that's the issue, we have multiple examples of lack of quality on their end..and coordination. They are out of stock on things, or have to recall shipments of things...No good.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:57 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

People buy from who they like. Now whatever that company needs to do.....make our stangs sound badass, provide us with customer service, send hookers on our birthdays... Whatever they have to do should be done. Word of mouth is very dangerous!!!! You may value something that I don't and vice versa, therefore, regardless of whether devongarver or joe schmuck emailed the company - he deserved a more well thought out response from the company if not more action from them. For that, my confidence is lost in their product.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
People buy from who they like. Now whatever that company needs to do.....make our stangs sound badass, provide us with customer service, send hookers on our birthdays... Whatever they have to do should be done. Word of mouth is very dangerous!!!! You may value something that I don't and vice versa, therefore, regardless of whether devongarver or joe schmuck emailed the company - he deserved a more well thought out response from the company if not more action from them. For that, my confidence is lost in their product.
My birthday is coming around soon, so yes to the whole customer service thing.

Quick Reply: sss terminator mufflers?