4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What would you pay? 98 wayy sick Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
sethg182

Everybody has thier own opinions. I appreciate all of em! theres alot of things to consider when your buying sombody elses project/money-pit/car whatever you wanna call it. I know id take care of it once i own it and thats all that matters. I know how big the grin on my face is gonna once I do make a purchase...haha.. If hes asking 14 would I be low balling him offering 11.5? the car only books at $9500!(excellent condition only 5% of vehicles end up in this catagory) Ive never made my money back on aftermarket equipment...so why should the next guy. And I have the feeling that this guy is a second owner. (might have bought it with upgrades done?) A part of me really thinks that this guy took care of it...Look at that garage! I could eat off of that floor! notice the other toys in the background to...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

that car has a lot of mods....

not sure i'd feel comfortable buying it.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 PM
sethg182

heres a pic of the interior....

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LY7slLg7AiM/Sy...0/DSC01395.JPG
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by sethg182
Everybody has thier own opinions. I appreciate all of em! theres alot of things to consider when your buying sombody elses project/money-pit/car whatever you wanna call it. I know id take care of it once i own it and thats all that matters. I know how big the grin on my face is gonna once I do make a purchase...haha.. If hes asking 14 would I be low balling him offering 11.5? the car only books at $9500!(excellent condition only 5% of vehicles end up in this catagory) Ive never made my money back on aftermarket equipment...so why should the next guy. And I have the feeling that this guy is a second owner. (might have bought it with upgrades done?) A part of me really thinks that this guy took care of it...Look at that garage! I could eat off of that floor! notice the other toys in the background to...
I would offer him at least $12k because when you do that much work to the car, you gotta get some money back. Like people that put blowers on their cars and then resell it, they are gonna get some money back from that. So it depends on the extent of the modifications. Like something that just has simple exhaust and CAI, yea they arent getting their money back for that. But full suspension, built rear, built motor, supercharged, you shouldnt low-ball him on that one. If i had that much into that car, I wouldnt wanna be low-balled. Know what i mean??? That guy/someone spent A LOT of money on it and they deserve to make some of that money back, especially since they are giving you that caliber of car for the price youre paying. Understand my thinking???
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
BigErrn02
1st Gear Member

Buying a modded car is always a hit and miss. It just matters if you want it or not.

If it isnt too far away I would go test drive it. Once you test drive it then you'll know how well its been taken care of, or not. But if he doesnt let you test drive it then I would just walk away. You seem to be a serious buying so why wouldnt he want you to take it out.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
sethg182

Originally Posted by teej281
I would offer him at least $12k because when you do that much work to the car, you gotta get some money back. Like people that put blowers on their cars and then resell it, they are gonna get some money back from that. So it depends on the extent of the modifications. Like something that just has simple exhaust and CAI, yea they arent getting their money back for that. But full suspension, built rear, built motor, supercharged, you shouldnt low-ball him on that one. If i had that much into that car, I wouldnt wanna be low-balled. Know what i mean??? That guy/someone spent A LOT of money on it and they deserve to make some of that money back, especially since they are giving you that caliber of car for the price youre paying. Understand my thinking???

Totally agree....I had a protege 5 all decked out only to get a strong blue book for it. I took some stuff off of it to...$4k in stereo equipment. But my situation was different. I have an out door life style...snowboarding, moutain biking...and there was a loan out on that car. Bought it and sold within 9 months. Therefore i wanted to get something that fit me better asap. 4x4 truck for sure...Just glad that the truck is now paid off. I just sold my street bike and thats the reasoning for wanting another toy...and the "go fast" feeling.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:07 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

The only way I'd consider buying it is if I got the chance to really romp the **** out of it. (in a respectful way. of course)

The sales side in me says offer this guy 10,500. See how badly this guy wants to get rid of it. Money talks. What's the worse that he can say? No? In my opinion, hes not entitled to anything just because he dumped a s**tload of money into that car. For all you and all of us know, he could have gotten it already built like that from a rich friend who unloaded it to him for 8k.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

go meet the guy and talk to him. usually your gut and instinct will be able to tell you the truth, works for me anyways. if anything, buy it, part it out, sell it and have more money to play with
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Aside from all of this BS talk about the condition that its in, I'm sure it is one hell of a fast car!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Haha good point boduke. lol well played. and sonic, i bet that thing is one fast ****. and since it is only running 8lb boost, put a small pulley on there, add lots of fuel, and shoot for 600+rwhp!!! lol its built to handle it.

Quick Reply: What would you pay? 98 wayy sick Cobra