4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

After Day 1, V-1 Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

thanks guys. i happen to have aaa. guess ill see what theyll do for me, aha
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

free towing for first 100 miles.... thats how I got my car to the shop to be tuned
Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

^ill be using that too then. haha. will let me take the car to lidio at alternative. apparently the best in my area. if i ever get this thing fixed and on, ugh.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. The shop that's installing my S/C does not have a dyno machine and the nearest one is a hundred miles away. I've already coordinated to get a emailed tune with the dyno shop, so I plan on driving it down. It's gonna be tempting but gonna keep it around 60 the whole way but on the way back watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

^haha awesome man. cant wait to hear how its going after the tune.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:40 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Figured I'd give ya guys an update.

Today and yesterday's work to this point;

- rotated snail, took a couple tries to get where I wanted it.
- in process broke the oil feed nozzle, so ordered another.
-putting the induction tube on, and trying to make room, i broke the a/c line. this is when i gave up yesterday.
- ordered ford racing a/c delete pulley
- today i got the new plugs and injectors installed.
- removed the evaporator, compressor and tubes from the a/c. debating on taking out the condensor... not sure how to do that though.
- cleaned more of the mess from a/c explosion, haha.

- still not tapped into the oil pan. hole is there, but tap is not working.... need to try something else.

- only have to figure out one more hose connector - for my maf sensor. i have one that fits my TB now, so that works. (mustang51 i may need one of your 3.5-3's if i cant find a store local here....)

any tips or advice for the rest of the install. going to call tuner tomorrow to see when i can have car towed up there. should be pretty close to being done at this point once the new stainless nozzle and a/c delete pulleys come in, i should have everything else done.....

quite a project!

EDIT::

Also today, i got the discharge tube on. the hoses out of the inlet duct on as well. all i have left now is to get the a/c delete pulley on, the oil feed nozzle, the oil drain into the pan, and the filter/maf/tubing connected.

i cannot figure out the tiny vaccuum hose that goes on the bypass valve. where does it go? i see no other hose likeit and nothin in the instructions says where. also, how many of you had like zero clearance on most of this? i am having a ridiculous time with a lot of this fitment...

Last edited by bopiela; 08-27-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
Figured I'd give ya guys an update.

Today and yesterday's work to this point;

- rotated snail, took a couple tries to get where I wanted it.
- in process broke the oil feed nozzle, so ordered another.
-putting the induction tube on, and trying to make room, i broke the a/c line. this is when i gave up yesterday.
- ordered ford racing a/c delete pulley
- today i got the new plugs and injectors installed.
- removed the evaporator, compressor and tubes from the a/c. debating on taking out the condensor... not sure how to do that though.
- cleaned more of the mess from a/c explosion, haha.

- still not tapped into the oil pan. hole is there, but tap is not working.... need to try something else.

- only have to figure out one more hose connector - for my maf sensor. i have one that fits my TB now, so that works. (mustang51 i may need one of your 3.5-3's if i cant find a store local here....)

any tips or advice for the rest of the install. going to call tuner tomorrow to see when i can have car towed up there. should be pretty close to being done at this point once the new stainless nozzle and a/c delete pulleys come in, i should have everything else done.....

quite a project!

EDIT::

Also today, i got the discharge tube on. the hoses out of the inlet duct on as well. all i have left now is to get the a/c delete pulley on, the oil feed nozzle, the oil drain into the pan, and the filter/maf/tubing connected.

i cannot figure out the tiny vaccuum hose that goes on the bypass valve. where does it go? i see no other hose likeit and nothin in the instructions says where. also, how many of you had like zero clearance on most of this? i am having a ridiculous time with a lot of this fitment...

How are you attempting to tap the oil pan? We did in in a what seemed like 6 step process. It involved many different size punches (starting from small, and going larger) which we would step each time. Once we got to a certain size, we then used this punch we bought that would expand the hole even more (in stages). I have some pictures of it below. Keep in mind that this tool is long, so we had to cut it in half (when we got halfway in) so we could continue expanding the hole. This is because the crank shaft is right where the tool goes in, so you can only go in so far.

as far as ac/delete dont do it!!! you can fix your ac line for $5.00. I also broke my ac line while doing the install.... though I was SOL until I found "JB weld"

what else are you having a hard time with? What hoses are you looking to connect? whats up with ur maf?

*edit* (only pic I could find of tool, we are cutting it once we got "halfway" so we dont hit the crank.)

Last edited by 0949er; 08-27-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

^a/c stuff is already off the car. i really rarely used it as it was.

-the maf is too big for the included hose connector (the hose that goes from maf to 90 degree bend tube) on the intake. so i have to get a new one or something.

- the only hose i cant get on or figure out is the thinnest one. goes on the back of the bypass valve. to where i have no idea - says manifold vaccuum but gives no instructions on that....

the hole is big enough on the pan, just cant get the tap to go in to make the threads. havent spent much time since first trying.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
^a/c stuff is already off the car. i really rarely used it as it was.

-the maf is too big for the included hose connector (the hose that goes from maf to 90 degree bend tube) on the intake. so i have to get a new one or something.

- the only hose i cant get on or figure out is the thinnest one. goes on the back of the bypass valve. to where i have no idea - says manifold vaccuum but gives no instructions on that....

the hole is big enough on the pan, just cant get the tap to go in to make the threads. havent spent much time since first trying.

For that hose you gotta connect to a vacuum line that is on top of the motor. U gotta "t" it off one that is already there. I will get you some pics up tomorrow of that part.. if you can shoot me an email at 0949er@gmail.com and remind me tomorrow I will be at the car show all day. I will take a picture of my motor and show you where that piece connects. I will just send the pics to you via email if that is ok. I will just be at the car show all day so I have to do this from my phone. (at least its a smart one, haha)
Old 08-27-2010, 10:13 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

alright ill look for a similar hose in the morning and if icant figure it out, ill email ya. that would explain the t that had no mention in the instructions too then, haha.

was urs a stupid tight fit everywhere?

Quick Reply: After Day 1, V-1 Install