Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
gears94gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1996 mustang gt
Default results from the dyno

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since i bought the car a month ago i was curius to see what power it will put down , previous owner did a p.i swap, lts bbk headers, cai, bbk x- pipe, series 40 flows,professional products throtlle body, and bullet cam. i added 4:10 gears, and aluminun driveshafts. numbers were in the range i was expecting. tech was impress by the power curve and the afr ratio was good too. next mod a 125 nitrous shot, probably window switch to be on the safe side. dyno was performed in a mustang dyno.max tq 282/max hp 262.

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2003 gt / 3v swapped engine , cold air intake , x-pipe, magnaflow cat back , 4:10 gears , 5.0 short trow shifter , steeda underdrive pullies , steeda lowering springs . 325 rwhp /335 rwtq dyno-tune

gears94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Camaro SS

What are the specs on the cams?
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, custom tune, NX wet kit w/125 shot, chrome ZR1 rims with BFG dr's
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
gears94gt
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtstang View Post
What are the specs on the cams?
gross valve lift .525 intake .500 exhaust
degree intake lobe to 106
duration at 006 - 263 intake 267 exhaust
duration at .50 225 intake 228 exhaust
lobe lift .2910 intake .2780 exhaust
2003 gt / 3v swapped engine , cold air intake , x-pipe, magnaflow cat back , 4:10 gears , 5.0 short trow shifter , steeda underdrive pullies , steeda lowering springs . 325 rwhp /335 rwtq dyno-tune

Old 10-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Vehicle: 1998 SL500

Good numbers...
RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq

Engineering is, at its base, making what you want from what you have.
At its extreme it is making what you want from what you can get.
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Itz_Gizzy
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Sixer

Very solid numbers. If you dont mind me asking, how much you pay for the car?

20% Tint - Bilstein Springs - Bullitt Wheels wrapped in Toyos up front and Kumhos in the rear - SShifter - ECU upgrade - Catted H Pipe - Stage 3 Performance Clutch - Super Tuned

All was on my Sixer, RIP
Itz_Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
gears94gt
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz_Gizzy View Post
Very solid numbers. If you dont mind me asking, how much you pay for the car?
car has 65808k miles, i paid $5000 for it, older guy who needed the money.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 Bipolar GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gears94gt View Post
car has 65808k miles, i paid $5000 for it, older guy who needed the money.

Was his name Mike by any chance?

If this is the car I am thinking, those are NPI heads on it.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
gears94gt
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
Was his name Mike by any chance?

If this is the car I am thinking, those are NPI heads on it.
indeed, his name is mike, maybe i understood wrong, but how can you justify the hp numbers from npi heads, even if they were ported not enough to justify hp increase.

Last edited by gears94gt; 10-02-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 10-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 Bipolar GT

Those are a prototype set of Stage 1 NPI heads I ported last year, and those were the very first set of Stage 2 NPI cams we ever did. I recognized the cam specs immediately since I designed those cams and had that intake lobe custom made to fit the NPI head.

The headers are stainless CAM unless they were changed, Andy Move who worked at SCT with me did the tune for that car, Lugo Performance did the head and cam install. I actually drove that car back down to Jupiter for Mike, he met me halfway from Miami.

As for the power swapping in a Mark VIII shortblock would get another 20-30RWHP from that motor as the current compression is only around 9:1 If the stock catback is still there with the welded in Flowmasters thats costing some power as well. It made 270 something on the dynojet up here in tropical conditions, so it sounds like its still making the same power. It had the same flatline starting a bit over 5000RPM lettting us know there was a ton more available if he had the cash to change out the other stuff (it was over budget as is)

He had more money in the upgrades we did than you paid for the car so you got it at a steal of a price. He was a really nice guy and loved that car, looks like it got into the hands of someone else who will enjoy it.

BTW - there is a NPI car in Vero Beach that I did the cams for, it ran 12.01@114MPH last night at Moroso, it is now the fastest NA NPI ever to run. It will be the first NA NPI in the 11's if all goes well. NPI heads ain't bad once you give them some love.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
gears94gt
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
Those are a prototype set of Stage 1 NPI heads I ported last year, and those were the very first set of Stage 2 NPI cams we ever did. I recognized the cam specs immediately since I designed those cams and had that intake lobe custom made to fit the NPI head.

The headers are stainless CAM unless they were changed, Andy Move who worked at SCT with me did the tune for that car, Lugo Performance did the head and cam install. I actually drove that car back down to Jupiter for Mike, he met me halfway from Miami.

As for the power swapping in a Mark VIII shortblock would get another 20-30RWHP from that motor as the current compression is only around 9:1 If the stock catback is still there with the welded in Flowmasters thats costing some power as well. It made 270 something on the dynojet up here in tropical conditions, so it sounds like its still making the same power. It had the same flatline starting a bit over 5000RPM lettting us know there was a ton more available if he had the cash to change out the other stuff (it was over budget as is)

He had more money in the upgrades we did than you paid for the car so you got it at a steal of a price. He was a really nice guy and loved that car, looks like it got into the hands of someone else who will enjoy it.

BTW - there is a NPI car in Vero Beach that I did the cams for, it ran 12.01@114MPH last night at Moroso, it is now the fastest NA NPI ever to run. It will be the first NA NPI in the 11's if all goes well. NPI heads ain't bad once you give them some love.
thanks for all the info on the car, he did talk about all the money spent on the car, mike lives relatively close to my house thats how i found the car, im not new to mustang at all, this is my 5th mustang in 3 year and i take really good care of my cars.he stills has the sct tuner with him which im planning to buy if he stills has it. only mods i added are 4:10 gears, driveshaft, and mach1 chin spoiler. thanks for all the info.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
270, 2v, 46l, bbk, block, catted, comp, horsepower, mark, mustang, nitrous, npi, numbers, results, short, viii, xpipe