4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Took some pics of tha GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
01redstang
3rd Gear Member

Car Looks Amazing Man, Nice job! BEST COLOR EVAR!!! LMAO
Old 10-20-2010, 05:49 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lookin good
Old 10-20-2010, 08:40 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
You can't feel the difference by feeling the paint with your bare hand

When I washed, clay bar, buffed, polished and waxed my car is took me like 6 hours JUST to wash, clay bar and buff my car (I used a PorterCable buffer). I called it quits after buffing, saved the rest for another day.
If you cant feel the difference, youre crazy...or have just gotten a paint job recently. Claying a car with remove roughness on the paint. You really can tell a difference. Especially while claying it because you can feel the clay catch and if you use the back of your fingers, you can tell its a lot smoother after the fact of claying.

Boduke, I'm also interested in what springs your running. If i remember correctly youre running something like cut stock springs. Looks good. Make sound clip with KOOKS headers por favor!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Wow thanks for the compliments guys! and yes i know im not a professional photographer or anything. oh and i look outside this morning and its raining..fml.

My Spring setup is H&R supersports with the lower iso's in the back and J&M CC plates. i have some kinda nexen tires up front 275/40 and 275/45 nitto 555R's out back, they hook on the street but not at the track..go figure. and the head lights are the smoked ones from AM.

its funny how good my front bumper looks in the pics because up close its hideious, looks like someone peppered it with a shot gun lol
Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Martinarcher64
2nd Gear Member

Nice car! It looks just like mine minus the wing and mach chin spoiler...which is already on my list.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Which bulbs did you get with those headlights?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:42 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

your car was one of the inspirations to take the wing off my car
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by teej281
If you cant feel the difference, youre crazy...or have just gotten a paint job recently. Claying a car with remove roughness on the paint. You really can tell a difference. Especially while claying it because you can feel the clay catch and if you use the back of your fingers, you can tell its a lot smoother after the fact of claying.
You can't feel the difference. If you run your hand across your car after you wash it it will feel very smooth. Do that after you clay bar and it feels the same. If you have a lot of contaminants in your paint, yes you will hear the clay bar removing the contaminants in the paint. My car hasn't been painted since it left the factory line, had ton of contaminants in it and it felt the same after I used the clay bar.

Now, if you want to feel a difference with the clay bar put your hand in a sandwich bag and run your hand across your car. If you did a good job clay barring your hand will glide across the paint, if you didn't or it needs to be clay barred your hand won't slide across the paint and you will feel all the nasty contaminants in the paint.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:57 AM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Nice pics! You did a good job.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:09 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
You can't feel the difference. If you run your hand across your car after you wash it it will feel very smooth. Do that after you clay bar and it feels the same. If you have a lot of contaminants in your paint, yes you will hear the clay bar removing the contaminants in the paint. My car hasn't been painted since it left the factory line, had ton of contaminants in it and it felt the same after I used the clay bar.

Now, if you want to feel a difference with the clay bar put your hand in a sandwich bag and run your hand across your car. If you did a good job clay barring your hand will glide across the paint, if you didn't or it needs to be clay barred your hand won't slide across the paint and you will feel all the nasty contaminants in the paint.
Well, thats at least what the company that makes the claybar kits say to do. Honestly, they must have really numb hands because I could feel a difference w/o a sandwich bag. BUT, that is just me.

BTW, wanna come over and help me claybar my car? haha

Quick Reply: Took some pics of tha GT