4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

4.6 general chat

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
Anyone ever wish there was a way to get back at the scammers you run into when you have stuff posted on CL? I get so sick of dealing with text from these idiots your wasting my time
It would be awesome to have a vigilantly group that would take care of this stuff because you know law enforcement has no time or resources
I'm not talking violence just something to humiliate them or something
Could you imagine us? A couple middle aged pissed off suburban fathers getting all dressed up in black to take the law into our own hands. We'd really show them suckers. T-P their houses, flaming bags of poop, crass messages on sticky notes left on their cars.

We'd be INFAMOUS!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
I'm finally back into a Ford. No it's not a Mustang. :0( But it is the truck of my dreams. ...well, I've never actually dreamed about a truck but it's everything I wanted in a truck. 4x4 4door lol

I found it on Craigslist a few weeks ago and thought hey that's the body style I like. (I get a naughty feeling when I see those tail lights. lol)

I thought it was an 02 but realized it was an 01 when I looked at the title. Not a big deal.

After talking to the Cop who was selling it, and looking over about $10k in receipts I offered him $4500 and he bit. I thought I was getting a killer deal. ....til I drove it home an hour away, lol.

I got home and seen a little smoke from the wheel well and was like, WTF? I got under it and sure enough wet oil drilling down on both sides of the motor towards the bottom. I imagine it's coming from the timing cover.

The only other complaints I have are the paints a disaster spider bomb and I think there's a short in the dash because the Odometer comes on and off randomly.

Welcome back to Ford mike! lol

I vowed I'd never have another car payment as long as I live and since I know the 2v modular so well, it just made sense to get this kind of truck. I'll drop in a Lightning motor (Or something), get it repainted and drive it for another 10 years. ...or till i get bored, lol.

I'm not crazy, you're crazy.
I like that body style too. I ended settling for a 98 though, but for the same reason. I know the modular motors pretty well.

Does that have a 4.6 or 5.4?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Mike lol you posted that rear plate pic on FB lol!

Nice truck brah!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Thanks. It's not mine it's what was on the truck already.

For what you get in a ford truck even with the problems it's well worth it. Just another project to play with. :0)
Old 02-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
I like that body style too. I ended settling for a 98 though, but for the same reason. I know the modular motors pretty well.

Does that have a 4.6 or 5.4?
It's got the 5.4.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

It's got the 5.4.
Cool, mine too. My rod bearings are going out
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
Cool, mine too. My rod bearings are going out
Oh great, what's that sound like? lol I think my motors plenty strong still except it's puking oil on my driveway. :0/
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Oh great, what's that sound like? lol I think my motors plenty strong still except it's puking oil on my driveway. :0/

Its just like a constant knocking noise from the bottom end lol. I have never heard rod knock in person (just on you tube), but this doesn't sound as bad as when a bearing fully goes out. Hard to explain
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

as much as i hate my car, i think when i get my tax return im putting it all into the car. i havent done any power mods to this car so i think its time for some tlc. I made up a list of LTs, mid pipe, and pulleys needed to do this right. Im going for a 1000$ 310rwhp adventure. Its been a proven budget 300+ setup.. and im gunning for it. My trans is back at t45source. hopefully we figure something out with this soon and get it back.

on a side note, my water pump died a few weeks ago, my starter is failing randomly, and now my right turn signals only work when you hold the stalk and not let it click up and stay. I know how to fix all this crap, but i swear this thing hates me. It has 1/2 the miles my old one did and 1/8 of the track passes and has more problems. I dont get it
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Fillerdust
2nd Gear Member

I wish I could use my tax return for car mods but I have to get an engagement ring. Guys talk me out to of it.lol

Quick Reply: 4.6 general chat